PDA

View Full Version : Any Fish Stores in Myrtle Beach SC that you guys recommend?

MyUsernameIsDiscus
05-24-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm heading to myrtle beach tomorrow and I was wondering if there are any fish stores (lfs) you guys recommend. I hope I can stop buy and buy something, but I probably won't purchase discus. My tank is full;)

Discus-n00b
05-24-2013, 08:24 PM
The only one I know of is http://www.wetpetsandmore.net/home.html the owner is a member in the local fish club. TBH I've never been to the store myself though so its tough for me to give a true review.

Be prepared to deal with crowds at the beach.....unless your whole point of coming down is you ride a motorcycle and are joining the crowd? :D

JERRYKEVIN
05-24-2013, 09:44 PM
I hate to not support LFS-But the mark up is just to much. Go to kensfish.com to buy your supplies. You will save a lot of $$$. If you want discus buy from the sponsers.

Spencer
05-24-2013, 09:51 PM
There's not any good fish stores here in my opinion.... Yeah what Matt said, I have heard motorcycles and dealt with rude people til I am about sick.

MyUsernameIsDiscus
05-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, I went to wet pets and more and I was quite disappointed. The store is very small and the selection is smaller.

Discus-n00b
05-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Yeah, the store is just trying to get on its feet at this point. Apart from maybe the Greenville SC area (Upstate) there really isn't a big market for LFS here. We literally have 1 TRUE LFS here in Columbia, and only a handful of others that stock fish with other pet supplies and that's in the biggest city in the state. Chaleston has 1 good one (Tideline aquatics) and Charlotte has 1 (Fintastic) and there are some up towards Greenville.

Not sure where you are from or which way you are going back but there might be something on the way home.