PDA

View Full Version : Unrequieted Love...

GrayLadyPat
05-28-2013, 09:35 AM
My largest, a RT has a problem. He's in love... He does the dance, he bows, he's been cleaning off the driftwood... The problem is that the target of his affection has absolutely nothing to do with him. I am hoping he will give up, but I have a couple of questions.

First, will having him display so much and have no mate cause him to stress?

Secondly, will he give up or will he annoy the one he's in love with until she is stressed?

I do not wish to breed them. I don't even think that the little RT he's paying attention to is old enough. In any case, she's utterly ignoring him. I just want to make sure that all this doesn't stress the tank out so much that I have to actually move one or the other of them.

Cheers!

Second Hand Pat
05-28-2013, 10:02 AM
I think you might need to just observe of a while to see how each fish responses to the other. Each fish responses to stressors differently.

blueluv
05-28-2013, 12:53 PM
My largest, a RT has a problem. He's in love... He does the dance, he bows, he's been cleaning off the driftwood... The problem is that the target of his affection has absolutely nothing to do with him. I am hoping he will give up, but I have a couple of questions.

First, will having him display so much and have no mate cause him to stress?

Secondly, will he give up or will he annoy the one he's in love with until she is stressed?

I do not wish to breed them. I don't even think that the little RT he's paying attention to is old enough. In any case, she's utterly ignoring him. I just want to make sure that all this doesn't stress the tank out so much that I have to actually move one or the other of them.

Cheers!

Hello :D
Tell her to stop playing hard to get and give him a chance. Lol! Just kidding! I never thought this would cause any kind of stress in discus. I'm interested to know what others think of this. I have two albino cobalts who have paired off and will do the dance, lay eggs but of course my water is to hard. .so no wigglers. Hope everything works out well