PDA

View Full Version : How to insist discus pair to breed?

tirthabratapanja
06-09-2013, 06:56 AM
I have some Discus of 20 months they already paired up and I already short out the Male & females from the batch. They breed also good. But the besic problem I faced they have no concystency in breeding. Some time they breed every week even when fries are already on body. and some time no breed for 1month or so. I besically use Corporation tap water or well water. the ph of the water 6.5. TDS go lil up down still it gives 150-240 ppm. But I dnt know why the breeding pair have no concystency in Breeding. Now a days here tooo much hot the water temp even growing up to 34°© for that's the cause Discus are not breeding? Or there is some other cause please let me explane my expert friends

mmorris
06-09-2013, 08:48 AM
They may be less apt to breed if the water is warm. 34 degrees would, I think, discourage them. Are you having any success with fry? Go with the flow, and don't add junk to the water - certainly not acids!

nc0gnet0
06-09-2013, 11:50 AM
I choose none of the above choices and would go with an RO unit and a chiller in your situation.

Trier20
06-11-2013, 04:39 AM
listen to Rick

tirthabratapanja
06-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Yes sir that Pair breed 4-5 times before. 2 times in community tank and after in Breeding tank. Last time they lay 30 eggs and furtilize all. And the babies get the size about 8mm But I dnt remove the. babies and keep them on Parents body. Though they started feed Brine Shrimo. And suddenly the mother kill all babies and ate up why I dnt know.

mmorris
06-18-2013, 10:11 PM
How annoying! Did she lay eggs again? 30 is a pretty small batch - perhaps she didn't want to bother with such a small number. You might want to remove the female next time.