PDA

View Full Version : freeze dried beef heart

blueluv
06-10-2013, 04:18 PM
hello everyone

I've never tried freeze dried beef heart before, but want to give it a try. I would like everyone that has and is currently using this product to give me your experience with this product. What results have you gotten with this product? Is it cleaner than using regular beef heart, as far as fauwling up the water?

Thanks everyone

Bud Smith
06-10-2013, 04:43 PM
I use freeze dried beef heart cubes w/pro growth only - custom mix from Dan and my discus love it - I did not have much luck with the regular freeze dried beef heart cubes. I have seen good growth with juvies and young adults with the custom mix- I also use the black worm/beef heart flake from Dan and also and have had good results. If you want just black worms you can not beat Al's I also feed pellets

Kal-El
06-10-2013, 04:46 PM
It's amazing stuff... even my picky eater takes them... after eating this for awhile all my discus are now eating anything I put in the tank... Highly recommend the FDBH...

blueluv
06-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I use freeze dried beef heart cubes w/pro growth only - custom mix from Dan and my discus love it - I did not have much luck with the regular freeze dried beef heart cubes. I have seen good growth with juvies and young adults with the custom mix- I also use the black worm/beef heart flake from Dan and also and have had good results. If you want just black worms you can not beat Al's I also feed pellets

Thanks, I will consider fdbh with pro growth. I also feed my discus fdbw's

blueluv
06-10-2013, 05:11 PM
It's amazing stuff... even my picky eater takes them... after eating this for awhile all my discus are now eating anything I put in the tank... Highly recommend the FDBH...
Awesome, just what I want to hear. So the movie man of steel comes out on Friday.. are you excited.

Kal-El
06-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Awesome, just what I want to hear. So the movie man of steel comes out on Friday.. are you excited.

Very excited... already got my tickets to see this bad boy in Imax midnight showing. The review are very positive with some calling it the best they have seen. Cannot wait and be sure you go see it too. ;)

blueluv
06-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I definitely will go see this movie. One thing I'm looking forward to are the graphics, compared to that when Christopher Reeves was super man.

Kal-El
06-10-2013, 05:58 PM
I definitely will go see this movie. One thing I'm looking forward to are the graphics, compared to that when Christopher Reeves was super man.
Indeed... From the early screener, they say we will not be disappointed and that its action is even better than the avenger.... Looking forward to it all...

blueluv
06-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Good morning

Anyone else use this product?

blueluv
06-14-2013, 03:53 PM
hello everyone

I've never tried freeze dried beef heart before, but want to give it a try. I would like everyone that has and is currently using this product to give me your experience with this product. What results have you gotten with this product? Is it cleaner than using regular beef heart, as far as fauwling up the water?

Thanks everyone

Bump

lizziotti
06-14-2013, 09:55 PM
I use it I've seen good growth it's very clean and my fish seem to like it but I'm also using the kind with the pro growth. Id recommend it and will be ordering more.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

blueluv
06-14-2013, 10:29 PM
I use it I've seen good growth it's very clean and my fish seem to like it but I'm also using the kind with the pro growth. Id recommend it and will be ordering more.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
Thank you.. so far two votes for fdbh with pro-growth.

blueluv
06-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Hey everyone :D

I'm kinda second guessing ordering some freeze dried beef heart. It seems that not everyone uses this product, makes me wonder if it will be nutritious for my discus.

Kal-El
06-17-2013, 08:10 PM
All the nutrition you need to know is in Dan's posting. I rather use these over the frozen. Much cheaper.

Discusdude7
11-09-2013, 01:56 AM
Where do you guys get this FDBH??

Bud Smith
11-09-2013, 10:33 AM
FDBH flake -Inland Empire Discus - Discus Hans - California Black worm - Kens Fish - used all of them = excellent products

Kal-El
11-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Where do you guys get this FDBH??

From our sponsor http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?103798-Prices-for-our-Freeze-Dried-Beef-Heart-Mix-also-with-Soh-s-Pro-Gro-amp-Pro-More

Skip
11-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Great stuff!

Discusdude7
11-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Did anyone have problems with their fish eating it? I don't know if I should buy the 100 grams right away because my fish are picky.

Kal-El
11-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Did anyone have problems with their fish eating it? I don't know if I should buy the 100 grams right away because my fish are picky.
You can always ask Dan to mail you sample to see if your will take them. He usually has no issue doing that. In my experience even the picky eater take on these just like FDBW.

Madaboutdiscus
11-09-2013, 02:38 PM

Mine are very picky as well. Its so hard to find stuff theyll eat.

-Victoria