PDA

View Full Version : What happens if u throw a breeding pair into discus community tank?

dkeef
06-13-2013, 04:38 PM
if u throw a breeding pair that were by themselves into multiple discus community tank, do they stay as pair and still breed or can they break up?

warblad79
06-13-2013, 04:42 PM
they can break up, it happens to my other pair in the past. looks like the other male is more attractive than the other.

trungnguyen
06-13-2013, 04:44 PM
just like human

dkeef
06-13-2013, 04:44 PM
so if u paid a lot of money for a breeding pair, it would be a waste of money to add them to community tank...
u guys buy breeding pairs and keep them separate then?

ktltn04
06-13-2013, 05:02 PM
so if u paid a lot of money for a breeding pair, it would be a waste of money to add them to community tank...
u guys buy breeding pairs and keep them separate then?

If they are super nice then I wouldn't mind to pay high dollar for it. I can breed them together in the future too.

DonMD
06-13-2013, 05:48 PM
If they split up in the community tank, and then at a later date you remove those two and again put them in their own tank, my bet is that they would probably breed again.

Bill63SG
06-13-2013, 06:40 PM
If they split up in the community tank, and then at a later date you remove those two and again put them in their own tank, my bet is that they would probably breed again.

+1I mix them up tp sometimes confirm another male or female,then back together.

Tazalanche
06-14-2013, 07:29 AM
I wouldn't recommend throwing them. They might get injured.

;)

GrayLadyPat
06-14-2013, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't recommend throwing them. They might get injured.

;)

Tossing them would probably have the same effect... :D

The other possibility with putting a breeding pair into a community tank would be that they stay together, and proceed to own the tank. Especially if they decide to breed inside your community tank. They are cichlids, after all. They can be pretty territorial...

dkeef
06-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Tossing them would probably have the same effect... :D

The other possibility with putting a breeding pair into a community tank would be that they stay together, and proceed to own the tank. Especially if they decide to breed inside your community tank. They are cichlids, after all. They can be pretty territorial...

+ 1 to that,,,i got like 3 pairs formed within 13 discus and they fight a lot....cant we all get along please???