PDA

View Full Version : BBS Problem

Keith Perkins
06-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Absolutely ZERO hatch rate. It's amazing what a difference it makes when you go into the fishcave in the early morning hours and start a batch of bbs a forget to put both the salt and eggs in. :embarassed:

Trier20
06-21-2013, 09:53 PM
:spit:.......................And you give me hell for forgetting beer

Keith Perkins
06-21-2013, 11:21 PM
You're comparing forgetting a little salt and bbs eggs to forgetting beer??? You've got some whacked out priorities. :)

Guess I'll be grinding a little FDBWs in the morning.

Trier20
06-21-2013, 11:32 PM
You're comparing forgetting a little salt and bbs eggs to forgetting beer??? You've got some whacked out priorities. :)

lol I didn't forget last time and that was some GOOD beer!

Second Hand Pat
06-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Keith, get a frozen bar of cyclops shrimp as a backup.

Keith Perkins
06-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Brandon's picking the batch up Sunday, so I'll be good for a while after that. I've got a church thing going on in Detroit next week and will be gone for 5 days...doesn't work to well with 3 week old fry. I was thinking of freezing a little bbs for Brandon, now I wish I had. I've seen the cyclops but haven't ever tried it. Thanks Pat, I'll remember that one. Um, maybe. :D

Trier20
06-22-2013, 01:01 AM
Lol no worries on the bbs. My hatchery is set up and ready to go. Ill be starting a batch tomorrow morning.

rickmiles
06-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Absolutely ZERO hatch rate. It's amazing what a difference it makes when you go into the fishcave in the early morning hours and start a batch of bbs a forget to put both the salt and eggs in.

That will work.

I forget to put the eggs in a lot of times.

I was feeding my Discus and Angelfish this morning with Cobolt Discus Flakes and noticed one pair of Angelfish fry were free swimming, went to get the Live brine shrimp and noticed I forgot to put the eggs in.

When I fed the parents I took a pinch of food and grinded it with my fingers and was amazed it grounded into powder and not little pieces like my other flake food.

I'm sure it was small enough for the Angelfish fry to eat...I'll know in a day or two.

Rick M

DiscusLoverJeff
06-22-2013, 07:39 AM
I use Cyclop-Eeze for both my reef and my discus fry when I dont have enough BBS to spare. It works great, and they also have a flake food.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z17BtkT6tR0

Bill63SG
06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Absolutely ZERO hatch rate. It's amazing what a difference it makes when you go into the fishcave in the early morning hours and start a batch of bbs a forget to put both the salt and eggs in. :embarassed:

If you would have gotten any to hatch out of zero salt and eggs,I might have been joining you on that church thing.