PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone use for their De-worming medication/Procedure

timmylucas
07-09-2013, 02:44 PM
I just got my discus and now its time to de-worm them.

I set up their 55 gallon bare bottom and everything and now I need to find a procedure and medication. So I decided to turn to the forums because I was curious on the meds everyone uses and where they buy them.

angelskyglory
07-11-2013, 11:51 AM
I use Prazipro for deworming. Just follow directions on bottle.

lipadj46
07-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Are they wilds?

timmylucas
07-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Are they wilds?

No they are not wild. I have an orange melon, blue diamond, and dark pigeon.

Skip
07-11-2013, 02:21 PM
why do you think you need to deworm?

timmylucas
07-11-2013, 02:30 PM
why do you think you need to deworm?

One of them has white rice like poop and is getting dark. He is still eating fine and swimming around fine. But I believe it may be a start of an outbreak. The others dont have any symptoms yet but they have been together for a while so I feel like it is safer to treat them all at once.

Skip
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
did you think about metro for internal bugs.. ? instead of worms

lipadj46
07-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Where did you buy the fish from? Fill out the disease questionnaire as you will get better advice, prazi does not sound like the med you need. You may not need meds at all, give the info

Eddie
07-15-2013, 08:03 PM
I use Prazipro for deworming. Just follow directions on bottle.

Prazipro only treats tapeworm, not roundworms.

One of them has white rice like poop and is getting dark. He is still eating fine and swimming around fine. But I believe it may be a start of an outbreak. The others dont have any symptoms yet but they have been together for a while so I feel like it is safer to treat them all at once.

This can be anything, a gut irritation. If the fish is still eating and doing fine, just feed as normal and monitor the fish. Treating fish on an assumption can be counterproductive.