PDA

View Full Version : anyone here use humic acid in their tanks?

disckaroo
07-13-2013, 03:15 PM
i started a planted tank with a granular humic acid base, and this stuff called crazy kelp which is 1-o-17 npk. beneath all the substrate. dispite all the substrate it still leaked through, but all the fish seem happy with the blackwater, pygmy corydoras are breeding etc.

id like to set up a discus breeder with some humic acid, just wanted to see if anyone else had done this yet..

nikond70s
07-13-2013, 06:13 PM
havent personally used any humic acid to lower PH. but i been reading about murietic acid and many people use it to lower their PH. will most likely be buying some in a few weeks to lower my PH when i keep altums and test it out.

Tazalanche
07-13-2013, 08:00 PM
I prefer hydric acid in my tanks. The discus flourish when I use it regularly.

Len
07-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Hydric acid is water. Did you mean to say hydrochloric acid?

Tazalanche
07-13-2013, 10:58 PM
I meant water. I guess it wasn't as funny in text as it was in my head. ;)

sdrexler078
07-14-2013, 01:17 AM
I actually thought it was pretty funny ha

disckaroo
07-18-2013, 04:29 PM
havent personally used any humic acid to lower PH. but i been reading about murietic acid and many people use it to lower their PH. will most likely be buying some in a few weeks to lower my PH when i keep altums and test it out.

i use muriatic acid as well, but my recent studies with terrrestrial plant growth accumulate to tons of positive feedback on humates/fulvates being beneficial to all living things.
heckel discus come from some of the cleanest healthiest waters in the world, rich with humic acid. there are even humic acid supplements for people, its supposed to supply massive amounts of oxygen to your bloodstream, and assist in further nutrient uptake.
ill try and update this post with pic of the tank