PDA

View Full Version : Large water storage outside

zchauvin
07-28-2013, 04:11 PM
I have the oppurtunity to get some large 250+ gallon storage containers but they would have to be placed outside. They would be closed up but my concern is heating and cooling the water due to outside heat/cold during the seasons. Has anyone had experience with doing this? Perhaps a few large heaters and wrapping in insulation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

DerekFF
07-28-2013, 05:06 PM
I'd be worried about bacterial or fungus something something growing in there rather than heating/cooling them. If you don't use that water fast enough, with no chloramines or anything to keep bacteria levels down or nill that outside container will be a slimy mess in no time.
But to answer your question you could sink them halfway into the ground for ease of access and also to use the ground for thermal regulation. Water won't ever get 100 but shouldn't ever freeze there either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LizStreithorst
07-28-2013, 05:11 PM
I had water storage outside when I lived on the gulf coast. You should be able to manage in in New Orleans. Cooling was never a problem for me, but my containers had open tops and were in the shade. Heating them in the winter was costly.

Second Hand Pat
07-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Zach, bring the water inside for heating. Just enough for a WC.

zchauvin
07-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2