PDA

View Full Version : Fluval peat granuals in a reactor

Monstertails
08-01-2013, 03:28 PM
I want to use fluval peat granules in an extra phosphate reactor that I had from one of my salt tanks, everyone that I had talked to said this should work fine, my question is has anyone used this method? And does anyone else agree that this will work?

blueluv
08-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Are you keeping domestics or wilds? For domestics you really don't need them, you can use them for wild but even then you don't need them. The reactor will work for what you're trying to do. If you don't mind the tea color your water will change to when using the peat granules, then try it. For what purpose do you wish to use the peat granules for?

Monstertails
08-01-2013, 04:50 PM
I want to keep domestic, I have well water and it hard and has a high ph, I know it is not that critical but I have the equipment and was wondering if it would do any harm? Now I also read that the tea color water is something a lot of people do is this true? I just don't want to harm the fish or plants that I have and want to get.

blueluv
08-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Test your water parameters strait out of the tap. Them fill a bucket with tap water, place an air stone in their and let it age for 24 hrs, then test your water again. Do you currently own discus? Once you have your water parameter readings, post them here.

Monstertails
08-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Ok no I dont have discus yet I had a reef tank and wanted to try discus, they seem really cool.