PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions.

Swancici
08-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Hi there,
so I have a 55g with 6 discus and could I add two more they are all 3inch of course (QT) but this will be a grow out tank only as they will be moving into a 115g 48x18x31.

So my question is would 8 work for a bit untill I can move in the 115g? And how Big do they need to be to move in the bigger tank?

Panda Cory's how many could I add of these I really like them.

So for the big tank I will have the aquaclear 110 and a sponge filter how big of a sponge do I need?

Thanks

strawberryblonde
08-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Sure, you can have eight 3" discus in a 55 growout. For the cory's, I'd stick with no more than 5 for now since they can really stir things up in a small space. But they're SO cute!

Hmmm, when to move them. So long as you're keeping up with the water changes you could wait till they reach a little over 4", maybe 5". I stuffed mine into a 50'ish gallon tank (47g to be exact) and moved them when they hit 5". Oh and they went into a tank with the exact same dimensions as your 115g!

For the sponge filter go as large as you can find! Bigger is definitely better.

Swancici
08-07-2013, 01:28 AM
K thanks:)

Yup the tank is really tall lol I have to have it in the ground till my hubby makes a new stand. 5'3 here. Lol hard to clean.

Yup they are I have one baby panda Cory in qt at the moment and hopefully will be picking up more. There adorable.