PDA

View Full Version : Any gym nerds here? Lets see them guns!!

Bilbo
08-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Just turned 38 today but I am still at it. Working out is one of my other hobbies in life. Snapped this shot the other day while at the gym. If you are a gym nut then you may be cool with this. If not you are just going to think im cocky, lol. Its a passion and a hobby for me just like anything else! So lets see those flexes!

Discus-n00b
08-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Eddie, this is your thread haha.

I did the gym when I was in Iraq and the Marine Corps in general but have fallen off lately. I gotta get back to it. I'm not one of those hardcore gym people though and have no interest in getting swoll, just toned!

Kal-El
08-07-2013, 08:07 PM
With discus, family, and work... I have no time for gym work out... lol :P

Bilbo
08-07-2013, 08:11 PM
I hear ya. Its a busy life when you have family and another hobby. I hit the gym after work on the way home for about 30 min only twice a week. That's all it takes really. People think you have to spend hours every day or even 3 days a week but that's not true at all. It's the level of intensity that gets you the results.

Kal-El
08-07-2013, 08:18 PM
I hear ya. Its a busy life when you have family and another hobby. I hit the gym after work on the way home for about 30 min only twice a week. That's all it takes really. People think you have to spend hours every day or even 3 days a week but that's not true at all. It's the level of intensity that gets you the results.

Good to know... maybe I'll fine twice a week to put in 30 mins body building workout... Work place as a nice gym so maybe I'll have to take advantage of that...

Bilbo
08-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Excellent. Just remember the goal is to tear muscle fiber so your body repairs it bigger and stronger. Not injury but muscle fiber within the muscle group. This is achieved by the intensity of the lift be it heavy weight or even light weight but high reps. Get that part done and then you leave the gym. At this point sleep and water will be your main friends. That is the basic of basic low down. Can get a lot more technical but no need if you are just starting out. Do that and you will gain muscle.

Kal-El
08-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Excellent. Just remember the goal is to tear muscle fiber so your body repairs it bigger and stronger. Not injury but muscle fiber within the muscle group. This is achieved by the intensity of the lift be it heavy weight or even light weight but high reps. Get that part done and then you leave the gym. At this point sleep and water will be your main friends. That is the basic of basic low down. Can get a lot more technical but no need if you are just starting out. Do that and you will gain muscle.

Nice to get this kind of advice from someone that knows what works... I will try this out... thanks....