PDA

View Full Version : Help, Sick discus

jwoww90
08-19-2013, 10:48 PM
So i just moved my discus from a breeding tank to a planted show tank and now they are looking like this blue diamond. What is it and what should I do?

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx197/rcteem/IMG_0921_zps4e3d77c3.jpg

du3ce
08-19-2013, 10:56 PM
wow looks bad did u test your water?

jwoww90
08-19-2013, 10:57 PM
I just did a new thread w/ the questionnaire answered. Sorry, Im new lol

jwoww90
08-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Here is the link:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?108462-Sick-Breeding-Pair-HELP!!!

PP_GBR
08-19-2013, 11:22 PM
J

Welcome to SD. God bless your fish.

timmy82
08-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Change water, water and more water start off little and frequent and increase. Also start with 1g per ltr of tank water of salt after a 100% change so the salanity doesn't keep increasing. That is what we call in Aus discus disease once a carrier it can be dorment till the fish gets shocked or weak or poor conditions and reinfect. With the limited number of discus you have (4) some can cop it and some wont be affected. A gram + gram - med works there are many about linko is what some people use here. You decide what you want to do their?? Cull would be on the cards but I have seen them come back from looking like that and also floating on top and huddling in the corner.

rainforestexperience
08-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Change water, water and more water start off little and frequent and increase. Also start with 1g per ltr of tank water of salt after a 100% change so the salanity doesn't keep increasing. That is what we call in Aus discus disease once a carrier it can be dorment till the fish gets shocked or weak or poor conditions and reinfect. With the limited number of discus you have (4) some can cop it and some wont be affected. A gram + gram - med works there are many about linko is what some people use here. You decide what you want to do their?? Cull would be on the cards but I have seen them come back from looking like that and also floating on top and huddling in the corner.

So what is this about salt and gram + gram- med thing? Just curious?