PDA

View Full Version : Uploading Photos?

DiscusLoverJeff
08-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Is there a better site for uploading photos than Photobucket? Seems like it takes forever to upload. My uploading speed is 1mb. I know its not the fastest, but seems like Photobucket changed. I use to upload faster than what it takes now.

Vermino
08-25-2013, 11:30 PM
you have tinypic and postimage.org (always read the terms and conditions because some sites do "own" your image once you upload it) If you are ok with publicly with your images - you can use flickr, tumblr, facebook, and instagram. These will promote your images but you can also just right click and copy your URL link to use it in any post you make.

Photobucket has been dragging on upload speed due to their coding, this plus the ad space which is very bandwidth heavy (from loading videos, flash images, etc etc for ad revenue)

You can also sign up for blogger sites for free like wordpress or blogger and upload your media directly to your limited server space they give you and then copy your URL link to any post. You then also have dropbox which is like your own personal cloud and Picasa (from google) that is also a cloud like service (for free)

Hope this helps a bit =)