PDA

View Full Version : I need advice.. PLEASE help with changing water. New faucets

freude88
09-04-2013, 12:01 PM
I won't bore you with the details but long story short. I absolutely can't use a python type water changer in my home with the new faucets that have been installed. I have been to Lowe's, Home Depot, Specialty Plumbing stores and even called Moen. My next thought was to attach it to a faucet outside which would work but.... my dilemma what to do in the winter when it gets too cold. I understand that mixing warm water from your water heater can add metals to your water that are undesirable. I don't need to age my water or anything so I would prefer to keep things simple if possible. I live in Utah and things can get pretty cold. I do have a faucet in the basement that would work but I don't think I could get enough water pressure up the stairs and it is quite a long ways. Any suggestions?

Trier20
09-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Easiest fix is to start aging you water. You could put a barrel or how ever much you need in the basement and use a delivery pump to being the water up stairs. If this if going to be a permanent place for the tank you could wire a switch for the pump so you don't have to run down the stairs quickly to turn off the water. HTH

nc0gnet0
09-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Install a garden hose spicket under your sink, if your not comfortable with soldering copper, have the man at the hardware store show you a sharkbite fitting and tell him what you are doing, still be much cheaper than getting in a plumber and pretty much idiot proof.

freude88
09-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Great idea thank you!