PDA

View Full Version : RO SYSTEM SETUP

rdub
09-09-2013, 01:45 PM
I am about to order a 75 gpd RO system from Reef Supplies. I can't seem to wrap my head around how to set it up. A 75 gpd system will produce about 3 gallons an hour. But, if I understand correctly, not all at once. How do I set this up so as to be able to add fresh water to a 20 gallon tank daily?

MKD
09-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Usually people set it up to water barrel with float valve so they can collect water throughout the day. Then do water change as needed.

musicmarn1
09-09-2013, 04:50 PM
i had the same problem !! its still in the box, but what i know so far is taht the blue pipe is for *good water* red for waste, and white for faucet. so the blue pipe where will you send the good water to for storage? or into a sump with a shut of valve so it goes right up into the aquarium (have to learn how to do that, there are threads on it i just need to read more) , white will come from the tap, ours did not fit our standard faucet but mine can be used on a hose or on the bathroom or somehow under the sink which confused me. my husband draws the line at doing anything fish related in terms of fixing or handy skills, he isnt very handy anyway - so its all up to me

i tried using search for all RO related threads, i was asking someone today about doing a class on RO and other discus things since i dont want to get it wrong ! the main thing is keeping it constant and stable and im just not sure i know everything i need to know yet so its still in the box

will be reading this myself and subscribing to learn how !

MKD
09-09-2013, 05:01 PM
You can go to HomeDepot ask for the valve which split s your main water to white RO hose. Blue one goes to barrel with float valve. Red hose can go to drain or garden or another barrel to reuse it. Good luck

««««««««««« please excuse smart phone poster error »»»»»»»»»»

Frankr409
09-09-2013, 05:37 PM
I am about to order a 75 gpd RO system from Reef Supplies. I can't seem to wrap my head around how to set it up. A 75 gpd system will produce about 3 gallons an hour. But, if I understand correctly, not all at once. How do I set this up so as to be able to add fresh water to a 20 gallon tank daily?

Here is how I do it:

I use a drip system. It evacuates water slowly from the aquarium one drip at a time. In my 110 for example I exhaust 15 gallons a day, one drip at a time. The Tank has a small float valve in it that releases the water directly from the R/O unit all day long 24 hours a day. At the end of 2 days this amounts to about a 25% water change in my case.

DiscusLoverJeff
09-09-2013, 08:09 PM
You can always call Bulk Reef Supply for personal help. They are very good.