PDA

View Full Version : Very sick Discus - need help ASAP

DinaBear
09-11-2013, 06:59 PM
All,
I bought two discus last week and now they are very sick. They both had a little ick last weekend so my lfs gave me some clout by mardel to use. They said that is what they use for ick. I have followed the directions and treated it every day for the last 4 days along with doing a 25% water change before each treatment. I also added salt. I came home today and the blue one still has some ick and has a large white spot on both eyes, the melon one has a large white spot on its back bottom fin, ick and cloudy fins. I am at a loss. My water tests are good. PH is 7 and temp is at 82 since I have delicate plants. Can anyone suggest anything else? I do not want my other two that are healthy to get sick. My tank is 55 gal. I have 4 discus and two catfish.

Also I have noticed that where the sick two are hiding in the tank there is always a foamy looking green poop on the sand. No other fish have been in the area.

Thanks,
Dina

inkbull
09-11-2013, 07:05 PM
ive got a fully plabted tank that has done well in the 86 range you just got to have enough light and co2 to componate for the plants higher metabolism then you get into the dosing co2 controversy with discus but ick should not survive in the temps desired by discus which is more important plants of fish RAISE THE TEMP and do alot of large wc tell people here get more info and can help you better answer your question

yim11
09-11-2013, 07:44 PM
BEFORE starting a new thread requesting help, please copy and paste the Disease Questionnaire and fill in the required information. This will help people give more timely and considered advice