PDA

View Full Version : What to do now??

lukass1706
09-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi iv got five babies that are about two weeks old getting quite big now and free swimming, I also have a fresh batch that are trying to feed from the parents but the bigger ones are pulling them off when they try, what shall I do?

John_Nicholson
09-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Probably should try to pull the larger fry. Probably should have done it when the pair first spawned back. In all my years of breeding discus I have only had one pair that would raise multiple spawns at one time.

-john

Allwin
09-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Interesting, possible share some pics/videos.. Good luck!!!

Hi iv got five babies that are about two weeks old getting quite big now and free swimming, I also have a fresh batch that are trying to feed from the parents but the bigger ones are pulling them off when they try, what shall I do?

Trier20
09-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Probably should try to pull the larger fry. Probably should have done it when the pair first spawned back. In all my years of breeding discus I have only had one pair that would raise multiple spawns at one time.

-john

+1 you could probably put the five in a 10g and feed bbs and they should be fine. Or the other option if the second batch is larger than just cull the first 5