PDA

View Full Version : DISCUS ID

Jstudwell
09-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Being relatively new to keeping discus I would like some assistance in finding out out exactly what type of discus I have.

I purchased five fish from my local big box store. Maybe not the best way to start out, however they looked healthy and I really didn't want to see them left in a an environment where they might be harassed and get stressed. The price was "right" so I purchased them. I'm also not in it for breeding or show...I've just always liked discus.

My dilemma is, I don't know exactly what type of discus I have so I would like some help in identifying them. I am also not much of a techie so I'll ask this question in advance, If/when someone asks me to post some photos so they might help with IDing the fish...How do I do that?

Thanks...Looking forward to finding out what I have!

Ryan
09-17-2013, 10:07 AM
See this thread on using Simply's attachment feature: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?108558-How-To-Attaching-Pictures-to-Posts-Using-the-Forum-s-Attachment-Feature

You can also upload them to a third party photo hosting site like Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) and then copy and paste the links here.

troysdiiscus
09-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Hey and welcome jstudwell, I think you need 10 post to post pics so bump the thread (by replying bump) and you will have 10 posts and should be able to post pics.
Ahh too late, Ryan gotcha ready....

Ryan
09-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Hey and welcome jstudwell, I think you need 10 post to post pics so bump the thread (by replying bump) and you will have 10 posts and should be able to post pics.

Actually, I manually approved his account after seeing this thread to make sure he wouldn't run into any issues. But yes, in most circumstances, you'd need over 10 posts before the full range of site functions become available.

Jstudwell
09-19-2013, 09:12 AM
To All,

Sorry, I just was reviewing some of my previous posts, etc and realized that Ryan has sent some info on how to post photos...I will review his instructions and see if I can successfully post some images.

Thanks for your patience,
John