PDA

View Full Version : Discus are acting like complete jackas s's

overthetop2009
09-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Hi All,

Back on forum, moved so had to tear down my old setups. Now I have 1 tank and have gone with captive bread discuss.

Specs:

7 discuss - 3 inch - 5 inch - good quality.
75 gallon
2 X Eheim 2217
1 Aquaclear 110.
Water changes 50-60% twice a week.
and Yes I do have gravel.
Water conditions excellent - filtration keeps everything in check.

My discuss are complete jackas s to each other. I agree that the blue diamond is super agro and he gives the smallest a hard time but gets picked on by the biggest two. I am worried about the smallest 2-3. The blue diamond never stops chasing and picking. Do I have enough discuss for my tank at this age. Thoughts?

G

musicmarn1
09-27-2013, 06:26 PM
What hides holes or tank dividers do you have? Pics? I added more dividers and it stopped but I also added more discus too and no bullying since

camuth8
09-28-2013, 08:39 AM
It's just the pecking order. If it gets too serious, you could put a divider in the tank or move one of them to a different tank for a while.

Skip
09-28-2013, 09:11 AM
It will work out.. let them be

Bill63SG
09-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Plenty of room,plenty of discus.Should be fine.How long have you had this set-up?Fish could still be settling in.

OC Discus
09-28-2013, 01:46 PM
How long have you had them all together? Were they all added at the same time? You could grow out a few more in that size tank, but it should settle down after a few days and with plenty of food. Make sure to feed enough so everyone can eat and keep the water clean. They should be fine.

Hi All,

Back on forum, moved so had to tear down my old setups. Now I have 1 tank and have gone with captive bread discuss.

Specs:

7 discuss - 3 inch - 5 inch - good quality.
75 gallon
2 X Eheim 2217
1 Aquaclear 110.
Water changes 50-60% twice a week.
and Yes I do have gravel.
Water conditions excellent - filtration keeps everything in check.

My discuss are complete jackas s to each other. I agree that the blue diamond is super agro and he gives the smallest a hard time but gets picked on by the biggest two. I am worried about the smallest 2-3. The blue diamond never stops chasing and picking. Do I have enough discuss for my tank at this age. Thoughts?

G

musicmarn1
09-29-2013, 02:58 AM
By dividers I meant scenery, just to make more escape places, I lost my first fish by waiting for them to settle and the next time it happened, some great advice from experienced members said put a breeding cone and couple of plants or driftwood in to break it up (keeping those things clean of course) and no more bullying for me, but I also upped water changes to daily

pastry
09-29-2013, 06:57 AM
It will work out.. let them be

+1