PDA

View Full Version : Worm in Discus Tank

Rudra
09-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi,
Today morning when I turned on the lights, i see this white-pinkish 4 inch long worm on the side of the glass.. since I was leaving in a hurry, I took a quick pic of it and left.. I am assuming a worm is never welcome in an aquarium.. could someone help me in id'ing it and potential issues with this..

Quintin
09-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Hopefully someone comes along with more experience on this.but it had to come from somewhere.Did you add any new plants recently.do you use well water?

dirtyplants
09-30-2013, 11:30 AM
4 inch is rather large was it alive? Like living in the aquarium? BB, sand, or gravel? You have plants are you sure not a broken off bit of amazon root?

Rudra
09-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Hopefully someone comes along with more experience on this.but it had to come from somewhere.Did you add any new plants recently.do you use well water?

No well water.. Only Tap water with Prime. Havent added anything since June....

Rudra
09-30-2013, 12:49 PM
4 inch is rather large was it alive? Like living in the aquarium? BB, sand, or gravel? You have plants are you sure not a broken off bit of amazon root?

It was definitely moving... so not a root.. on the glass... quite close to the top..

troysdiiscus
09-30-2013, 12:57 PM
hard to tell with pic. It looks squared off which throughs me off.. any new plants added? is your sub dirted? Can you get a better pic if you still have it?

DLFL
09-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Tapeworm?