PDA

View Full Version : Constipation Please Help Quick

450rdawg
10-01-2013, 09:18 PM
My blue diamond has poop coming out that's roughly 3/8-1/2 inch in diameter and I don't know what to do. He's leaning over on his side and is very dark in color, compared to normal. I know this sounds gross and I'm sorry but in a bit of panic mode here. No time to fill out the questionnaire but could use some good advice very quickly!!!!

Second Hand Pat
10-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Epsom salts dissolved in warm water. Two tablespoons per 10 gallons and added to the tank.

450rdawg
10-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks Pat, I'm heading to the store right now.

musicmarn1
10-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Epsom salts are AMAzING ! Should be no more than four hours until relief, go higher dose if your scared, I have Kenny's blessing and its worked every time I upped the dose for Epsom salts, after the fish lost balance and was standing on her head, just make sure to either use again in a few days because it can happen again once they bloat, or reduce feeding for a few days, I repeated dose to make sure things were clear because the fish was young and I only reduced by two feeds a day, for me that's still four or five meals :p

du3ce
10-01-2013, 11:05 PM
usually flakes will cause discus to bloat if u overfeed

Bill63SG
10-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Blue Diamonds seemed pre-determined to "Sh1t-Br1cks".I dont like the leaning part or its color,but mine drop amazing ones now and then.

strawberryblonde
10-02-2013, 01:36 AM
Blue Diamonds seemed pre-determined to "Sh1t-Br1cks".I dont like the leaning part or its color,but mine drop amazing ones now and then.

ROFLMBO! I know this is a serious problem for dawg, but good lord Bill, you made me spit coffee all over my keyboard!

I have a new tank of 3" juvies and was JUST remarking to my son that it's nice to only have to clean up wee little poops and wouldn't you know it, this morning as I was cleaning the tank my tefe managed to one worthy of my biggest jumbos. I was in awe...and grossed out at the same time, but mostly in awe. LOL

So Josh, just add the Epsom Salts and let nature take its course. You're gonna be cleaning up a mess in the morning. =)

Bill63SG
10-02-2013, 06:21 AM
My pleasure Toni.I have been called in work reviews,"a straight shooter,sometimes to a fault.".
Oh,and back to the OP,+1 on the epsome salts.

450rdawg
10-05-2013, 12:42 PM
You folks are a hoot. I tried the Epsom salt and the next morning had a tootsie roll at the bottom of the tank. It would rival the chalupas my cat drops. Thanks for all your suggestions, he is now fine.

PP_GBR
10-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm sure this won't be the last time you've seen it on your BD. That's why I always observe my Stendker BDs, whenever her eye circles turn dark and she's eating slowly or skipping food or swimming with her head slightly down/ 45 degrees. There goes the Epsom salt in the tank.

People here think I'm a dumb *** but my observation with the dark/black eye symptom on my BDs has not fail me yet LOL. Look at them in the eyes will tell you how well your BDs are doing. Observe those with Sad eyes closely.

Remember the song Sad Eyes! LOL.