PDA

View Full Version : Hydrant Flushing Time of Year

DiscusLoverJeff
10-03-2013, 12:30 PM
After loosing an entire batch of fry last year due to my local hydrant flushing that many residents new nothing about, I finally received a notice from them of the next upcoming flush.

Now being prepared I can monitor my water before using it. Which usually means running it for about 30 minutes or so before using it and testing it as many times as I can to make sure its back to normal before using it.

So to all you folks who have this done in your community, check with your village hall and make sure you have no suprises like I did.

Here was their notice.

Fall Hydrant Flushing Begins on October 7
For Immediate Release: October 1, 2013
Lindenhurst, IL - The Village of Lindenhurst will conduct its semi-annual water hydrant flushing program beginning Monday, October 7, 2013, contingent upon weather conditions. This process will be performed daily, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., and will continue until all applicable water mains throughout the Village have been flushed. The anticipated completion date is October 30, 2013.

Residents are urged to refrain from doing laundry during this time period to avoid staining of clothing, which may occur due to the disturbance in the water main. Signs will be posted in each area prior to the beginning of the hydrant flushing.
For a complete schedule of hydrant locations that will be flushed in October, please visit
www.lindenhurstil.org/hydrantflushing. The Village appreciates your cooperation, and regrets any inconvenience caused during this program.

Second Hand Pat
10-03-2013, 12:37 PM
At least you have some forewarning Jeff.