PDA

View Full Version : cover the breeding cone

amji
10-13-2013, 10:38 AM
hi last week i bought a discus and they were adjusting in the tank and was very scared but its layed eggs and ate them again i feed them beef heart but stil it dont eat.

yesterday again it has layed eggs shoud i keep it as it is or i may cover the breeding cone using a mesh any suggestion guys

Keith Perkins
10-13-2013, 05:11 PM
It's a lot easier if they do everything on their own naturally. I'd give them a little time and see if they figure it out before you start interceding.

Trier20
10-13-2013, 06:38 PM
I would wait until they are settled in completely and eating before worrying about covering eggs. Let them keep trying and see if they can't figure it out. If not then cover.

amji
10-13-2013, 10:52 PM
i leaved the my albino pair like this they did the same and they started to fight amnong this i dont let it happend again to my blue turquise why they are fights

Trier20
10-13-2013, 11:00 PM
i leaved the my albino pair like this they did the same and they started to fight amnong this i dont let it happend again to my blue turquise why they are fights

Do they fight when the other one is eating the eggs or before the spawn or after the eggs are gone?

amji
10-13-2013, 11:16 PM
after the eggs are gone

amji
10-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Do they fight when the other one is eating the eggs or before the spawn or after the eggs are gone?

tx for responding me it fight after the eggs gone. what should i do when they fight i separated them and put them in a discus bulk tank and after some days i add back to the breeding tank but now one month passed stil they dont spawn

Trier20
10-13-2013, 11:53 PM
tx for responding me it fight after the eggs gone. what should i do when they fight i separated them and put them in a discus bulk tank and after some days i add back to the breeding tank but now one month passed stil they dont spawn

Are you taking out the dominant one? Sometimes if you take out the dominant one and leave the other in the tank the one left in it will claim the tank as it's own when the partner is re-introduced. If you have a few other adult fish you could also put another male or female into the tank and see how they work out.

amji
10-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Are you taking out the dominant one? Sometimes if you take out the dominant one and leave the other in the tank the one left in it will claim the tank as it's own when the partner is re-introduced. If you have a few other adult fish you could also put another male or female into the tank and see how they work out.

tx for the info budy keep in touch what is your fb id inbox me