PDA

View Full Version : Need to Sell Discus ASAP!!!!!

wdeleon01
10-14-2013, 02:35 PM
As most of you know I just had to close down my Fish room due to the landlord asking for her house back. I found an apartment on the second level that I rented and moved into last weekend and was settling into. I was trying to keep my Big Tank but, Yesterday afternoon I was filling up my big tank in the living room and when I was done filling it, I saw a little leak out from the bottom part of the tank I marked it and was pumping water out of my other tanks to use the same water from this big tank and not let it go to waste. When 3 minutes later the acrylic tank exploded sending 100 gallons of water all over my living room and kitchen area. Baby crying, 6 year old on the couch asking what happened, wife coming into the kitchen saying oh **** Dog and cat jumping to get to higher ground. Neighbor from downstairs knocking on the door saying that water is coming down on her living room.

I have all the Discus in a 60 Gallon tank, needless to say they are over crowded right now. So I need to find a home for most of them right away.

you can contact me at 818-6 4 9-0 9 9 2 or wdeleon_1@yahoo.com

dirtyplants
10-14-2013, 02:49 PM
This is truly a visual experience I have always harbored and entertained in the back of my head as a worst nightmare! Wish I could help!

dkeef
10-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Wow walter. Im so sorry for this tragedy.
Let me know what yur selling and some pics. I got some friends who may be looking for adult discus.

Kal-El
10-14-2013, 02:55 PM
As most of you know I just had to close down my Fish room due to the landlord asking for her house back. I found an apartment on the second level that I rented and moved into last weekend and was settling into. I was trying to keep my Big Tank but, Yesterday afternoon I was filling up my big tank in the living room and when I was done filling it, I saw a little leak out from the bottom part of the tank I marked it and was pumping water out of my other tanks to use the same water from this big tank and not let it go to waste. When 3 minutes later the acrylic tank exploded sending 100 gallons of water all over my living room and kitchen area. Baby crying, 6 year old on the couch asking what happened, wife coming into the kitchen saying oh **** Dog and cat jumping to get to higher ground. Neighbor from downstairs knocking on the door saying that water is coming down on her living room.

I have all the Discus in a 60 Gallon tank, needless to say they are over crowded right now. So I need to find a home for most of them right away.

you can contact me at 818-6 4 9-0 9 9 2 or wdeleon_1@yahoo.com

Wow... so sorry to hear of this tragedy... I too live on the 2nd level apartment unit. This is what scares me and I made sure that my insurance cover this type of damage if this ever happens before setting up my small fish room... I hope there isn't much damage for the folks living under you...

suzi
10-14-2013, 03:02 PM
I am in the valley and interested. Do you have any pictures or strain/price list?

Madaboutdiscus
10-14-2013, 03:05 PM
If I lived in Cali id be at your door right now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

suzi
10-14-2013, 03:06 PM
I totally came across as a heartless creep trying to jump at your misfortune, I'm sorry! Your situation is my worst nightmare! I can loan you my 55 if it will help matters.

wdeleon01
10-14-2013, 03:14 PM
I totally came across as a heartless creep trying to jump at your misfortune, I'm sorry! Your situation is my worst nightmare! I can loan you my 55 if it will help matters.

No Problem Suzi I understand. But After seeing 100 gallons of water on my living room and kitchen floor I think I need a break. Email me as in all the chaos i dont know where my charger ended up cell phone is running on red right now

wdeleon01
10-14-2013, 03:19 PM
This is truly a visual experience I have always harbored and entertained in the back of my head as a worst nightmare! Wish I could help!

I had entertained it till it happened yesterday.

Wow walter. Im so sorry for this tragedy.
Let me know what yur selling and some pics. I got some friends who may be looking for adult discus.

David I'll be in contact with you.

Wow... so sorry to hear of this tragedy... I too live on the 2nd level apartment unit. This is what scares me and I made sure that my insurance cover this type of damage if this ever happens before setting up my small fish room... I hope there isn't much damage for the folks living under you...

Everything is drying up right now so im crossing my fingers that there isnt much damage other than their cable box

If I lived in Cali id be at your door right now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks.

rdiscus
10-14-2013, 03:25 PM
So sorry ... If i'm in your neighbor ... your fish are in my tanks now ...

wdeleon01
10-14-2013, 04:01 PM
So sorry ... If i'm in your neighbor ... your fish are in my tanks now ...

Thanks Ryan.

Trier20
10-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Holy crap! You know me. If there are any you really want to keep send me to me and I'll keep a 90 and put them in there and send them back when you're ready.

wdeleon01
10-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Holy crap! You know me. If there are any you really want to keep send me to me and I'll keep a 90 and put them in there and send them back when you're ready.

Thanks Brandon at this time I think i'm just going to sell all of them and take a breather. It was quite a site I tell you.

LizStreithorst
10-14-2013, 05:25 PM
I hope that Suzi gets them because she's kind.. I've seen pics. I know the quality of the fish. From what I've seen you were able to choose from the top of the barrel. I bet that she'll be nice back to you when you're ready to get set up again.

suzi
10-14-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm sure all of us have a fear of this happening. Seeing your post has make it a little more of a reality to the point that I have called my homeowners insurance....
I have sent an e-mail. Once you've had a chance to catch your breath I'd love to hear back. And again, I have a 55 that I will loan you, no strings attached. I would hate to see any fish lost.

suzi
10-14-2013, 05:44 PM
I hope that Suzi gets them because she's kind.. I've seen pics. I know the quality of the fish. From what I've seen you were able to choose from the top of the barrel. I bet that she'll be nice back to you when you're ready to get set up again.

Thank you, Liz. Or is it Mama Bear?? New to posting anything on the forum, although I've looked at it for several years when I've needed information, and still trying to figure it all out.

wdeleon01
10-14-2013, 05:51 PM

Thanks Liz. I have gotten in contact with Suzi and hopefully she can come over and we can work something out.

I'm sure all of us have a fear of this happening. Seeing your post has make it a little more of a reality to the point that I have called my homeowners insurance....
I have sent an e-mail. Once you've had a chance to catch your breath I'd love to hear back. And again, I have a 55 that I will loan you, no strings attached. I would hate to see any fish lost.

Thanks Suzi for the offer. Right now i have several spongefilters plus the over head and no one is having trouble and readings are stable, its just tight in there.

Trier20
10-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks Brandon at this time I think i'm just going to sell all of them and take a breather. It was quite a site I tell you.

I can imagine! I remember the day I had a return line break off my canister and dumped over 100g on my first floor.

wdeleon01
10-14-2013, 05:59 PM
I can imagine! I remember the day I had a return line break off my canister and dumped over 100g on my first floor.

Well I was in the middle of arranging furniture, baby had been playing near the tank like a minute earlier. My Six year old was playing on the laptop on the couch. Luckily no one got electrocuted which that thought came after all the picking of the water came.

Trubble
10-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Oh wow, I feel your pain. Many years ago, we had a puppy that decided to teeth on the canister return line on a 125 we had. Talk about a mess. I'm glad to hear the family and fish are ok. If we were closer, we'd give them homes in a heartbeat. Best of luck with getting them situated in a new home.

Trier20
10-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Well I was in the middle of arranging furniture, baby had been playing near the tank like a minute earlier. My Six year old was playing on the laptop on the couch. Luckily no one got electrocuted which that thought came after all the picking of the water came.

Always something to be thankful for

DiscusLoverJeff
10-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Holy fish out of water Batman.

Too bad Walter. Hope some good luck finds you, and quick!

wdeleon01
10-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Oh wow, I feel your pain. Many years ago, we had a puppy that decided to teeth on the canister return line on a 125 we had. Talk about a mess. I'm glad to hear the family and fish are ok. If we were closer, we'd give them homes in a heartbeat. Best of luck with getting them situated in a new home.

Thanks Trubble I have a couple of people that say that are interested in them, hopefully most of them will have a good home sooner than later.

Always something to be thankful for

I know Brandon I am thankful for that. I realized afterward that there was a surge protector that i had just put ontop of air hoses cause i was moving the tanks around,that probably came very close to getting wet.

Holy fish out of water Batman.

Too bad Walter. Hope some good luck finds you, and quick!

Jeff I think I had good luck with not getting electrocuted yesterday and being able to tell everyone what happened.

suzi
10-15-2013, 01:18 AM
Walter, I just want to thank you again. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. I hope to make it to a SoCal meeting to meet the others in the area.
I could tell by the pain in your eyes that it was very difficult for you to see your fish go. They are beautiful and you have invested a lot of yourself caring for them. Please know that I will do the same and if you change your mind down the road, please call me.

wdeleon01
10-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Suzi it was my pleasure to meet you and your husband. Im really glad that you found some that you liked and that they will be well taken care off, which is what counts for me.

wdeleon01
10-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Forgot to mention that I have 75-100 Angels that need a new home as well.

dkeef
10-15-2013, 06:52 PM
glad u found home for your discus walter.

wdeleon01
10-15-2013, 07:04 PM
David I still have some of the smaller ones and medium size ones one big blue cobalt

dkeef
10-15-2013, 07:20 PM
send me a pic and yur asking price for the big cobalt. my friend may want it.

wdeleon01
10-15-2013, 07:48 PM
sent you email with pictures David

dkeef
10-15-2013, 07:54 PM
got it. ill let him know.

chaoslite
10-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Walter,

I still cannot believe it. Two tanks are ready for what you want me to take. Once Bill comes for the angels I will have 3 tanks free. Let me know.

Mishka

ktltn04
10-16-2013, 12:07 AM
I like the fish in your avatar :) Good luck with everything big boss Walter

a volar
10-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Walter I have some empty tanks if you need them, either we can set them up here at my house or you can take them with you (or set them up at miska’s house, right Mishka?) :)
Sorry I just can't buy more fish but I can have them all the time you want me to.
Let me know what else I can do.

wdeleon01
10-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Walter,

I still cannot believe it. Two tanks are ready for what you want me to take. Once Bill comes for the angels I will have 3 tanks free. Let me know.

Mishka

Mishka i can not believe myself and Im living the nightmare. My mind is settling so I can make decisions soon. LOL

I like the fish in your avatar :) Good luck with everything big boss Walter

thanks Kevin.

Walter I have some empty tanks if you need them, either we can set them up here at my house or you can take them with you (or set them up at miska’s house, right Mishka?) :)
Sorry I just can't buy more fish but I can have them all the time you want me to.

Ismael thank you for the offer of empty fish tanks but right now Im just trying to sell all of them or if they come over and purchase a couple i'll throw in extras. I understand about not being able to buy anymore.

wdeleon01
10-16-2013, 04:29 PM
On a side note all the Angels have been sold. I have about 25 Discus that need a new home still.

jbenefield13
10-16-2013, 06:27 PM
How much are the discus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

chaoslite
10-16-2013, 07:46 PM

Absolutely Ismael. I am prepared and waiting. As you know and commented on the last time you were at the house, I have the room to put more tanks in.;)

Mishka

ktltn04
10-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Absolutely Ismael. I am prepared and waiting. As you know and commented on the last time you were at the house, I have the room to put more tanks in.;)

Mishka

I need to make time to visit your house :) RSG RSG RSG

wdeleon01
10-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Well all the little guys are in new homes. Thank you to everyone that came over. Mishka a big thank you to you and your contacts. Now I will start selling equipment.

Madaboutdiscus
10-18-2013, 12:53 PM
What are you selling? Are you shipping these?

-Victoria

wdeleon01
10-18-2013, 01:12 PM
What are you selling? Are you shipping these?

-Victoria

Hi Victoria

I havent done inventory of what i have but i would be willing to ship the items that are possible to ship.

Off the top of my head I have I have heaters, sponge filters, some driftwood. 35 gallon acrylic tank, 55 gallon setup (tank, stand, hood), 3 custom 40 gallon tanks, sump with media. Fx3 canister filter and fluval 505 canister filter.

discus626
10-20-2013, 03:16 AM
What are discus that you still have left for sale? please email me of what you have and price.

wdeleon01
10-20-2013, 07:29 PM
All the discus were sold by thursday I have nothing left.

DiscusLoverJeff
10-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Good and bad Walter. I hope you find the space for more later down the road. Glad they all have new homes!

chaoslite
10-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Well all the little guys are in new homes. Thank you to everyone that came over. Mishka a big thank you to you and your contacts. Now I will start selling equipment.

Anytime Walter.

Mishka

dkeef
10-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Glad it all worked out walter.

wdeleon01
10-21-2013, 05:16 PM
When it rains, It pours. I just got laid off from work.

Skip
10-21-2013, 05:57 PM
aw man.. no way :(

a volar
10-21-2013, 05:59 PM

WHAT!!

Oh man, is that something temporarily?

wdeleon01
10-21-2013, 06:02 PM
aw man.. no way :(
skip yes man. Got the boot this morning.

WHAT!!

Oh man, is that something temporarily?

Nope Ismael. I got called into the office and he said that he had to cut some overhead costs and I was one of them.
So Its pouring for me right now without and umbrella.

Kal-El
10-21-2013, 06:13 PM

Damn... sorry to hear the bad news... The sunny day is still yet to come for you. Hang in there... wish you nothing but the best... hopefully you'll find work in no time... Good luck...

alcastro
10-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Nesesitas una limpia

wdeleon01
10-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Nesesitas una limpia

Been thinking about that Al. Sabes quien las hace?

alcastro
10-21-2013, 07:45 PM
The best place is on the crest of Machu-picchu. Peru

MKD
10-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Oh $h** it really pour hard on you. After the rain, it will shine.
sorry Walter, be strong.

alcastro
10-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Hang in there Bud

wdeleon01
10-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Oh $h** it really pour hard on you. After the rain, it will shine.
sorry Walter, be strong.

Thanks Tony looking for that ray of sunshine right now.

wow thats far away to travel too.

Hang in there Bud

Ill hang in there as much as I can and looking for the ray of sunshine to hit my face soon.

a volar
10-21-2013, 09:10 PM

LOL........ Compadre that will be to expensive!

a volar
10-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Ill hang in there as much as I can and looking for the ray of sunshine to hit my face soon.

It will Walter, it will.............

blueluv
10-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Nesesitas una limpia

Orale!? Will this work on sick discus? Kidding... Lol
Sorry to hear, but whatever you do, don't loose hope and stay strong. I know you'll find employment soon.

dkeef
10-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Walter whenever im down the book of psalms really helps. God bless.