PDA

View Full Version : Jumpy Fish

Second Hand Pat
10-18-2013, 01:56 PM
I walked into my little "fishroom" where I have a 75 housing my two Forrest Giant RTs and two wild fish and all four fish darted to the back of the tank. This was unusual, normal these guys do face plants on the glass until I feed them. The darting continued that afternoon when I got home from work; hmm, fish were eating well and looked spot on.

So last night starting their WC, I placed my hand in their tank and it was cold, measured the temp...81.5. :( Played with the heater's controller...dead. Lost my first heater. Replaced the heater last night and fish were back to normal this morning. While we all like to keep our tanks at 82. I have found the wilds are more tolerate of lower temps and the few domestics I have kept like it just a bit warmer.

DiscusLoverJeff
10-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Another broken heater story. Glad everything turned out ok Pat.

I too had one of my big 300 watters go out last night as well. Noticed both thermometers reading 80 (which is the usual temp of fish room with 8 to 10 tanks running). Felt the water and sure enough, it was colder than they like it, at 84/85. Online today buying more heaters. Glad they have warranties!