PDA

View Full Version : Is prazi safe for plants?

Tormentor
10-21-2013, 05:11 PM
So is it? Thanks

Gorf
10-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Praziquantel is safe for plants at regular dosing.

Tormentor
10-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Praziquantel is safe for plants at regular dosing.
And what would be that dosing?

Gorf
10-22-2013, 07:38 AM
It depends on your medication strength, brand & format. Does it not give the dosing on the pot?

Tormentor
10-22-2013, 12:00 PM
It depends on your medication strength, brand & format. Does it not give the dosing on the pot?
I haven't gotten it yet, but I will let you know. Thanks btw what do you recommend, I have quarantine tank 35 tall I believe, and I have a pair of discus that spawned in my show tank, now I'm planning to move everybody except the parents to the quarantine tank to treat them with prazi, and metro as I keep seeing them popping white, scratching themselves against plants and driftwood, and shaking their fins very rapidly, I also have one female that has stop eating for three days.

Tormentor
10-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Update, I just got it from jehmco, but the product only specifies for 1000 gallons, if any of you out there knows the treatment for smaller tanks that would ipreciated. Thanks

Gorf
10-22-2013, 03:04 PM
What have you diagnosed as the illness?

Tormentor
10-22-2013, 03:52 PM
What have you diagnosed as the illness?
Gill flukes and possible tapeworm.

Gorf
10-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Shaking fins could be water quality, although could be flukes too - or both. If Flukes, these will have affected every fish in the tank & be in the water column. I'm not sure where you get the tapeworm from? So why the Metro? What does the poop look like?

Tormentor
10-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Shaking fins could be water quality, although could be flukes too - or both. If Flukes, these will have affected every fish in the tank & be in the water column. I'm not sure where you get the tapeworm from? So why the Metro? What does the poop look like? they were pooping white solid poop so I was told in this site by some folks that it was most likely hex, and I also was told that if it was stringy and tin then it could probably be tapeworm, and since the prazi treats both, that is the only thing that comes to my mind, I dose metro before for a week, but it didn't work, they were still pooping white, but this time it was stringy. I also see some of my discus twitching, weird since I've never seen them do that before, and about water quality, I do 80% everyother day, but lately I've been doing them daily for the past week! and still see no results, so I can only think of gill flukes as the disease.

jimg
10-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Update, I just got it from jehmco, but the product only specifies for 1000 gallons, if any of you out there knows the treatment for smaller tanks that would ipreciated. Thanks
1/4 tsp per 20 gal. treat for 3 days then do big wc then do again. repeat for 3 weeks. put powder in bottle with a little water shake until your dizzy then pour in tank.
white feces is internal parasites thick or string like. thick usually means bacterial infection along with parasites. fluke or other pests may have stressed the fish. good treatment would be quick cure redose for a few days each day, then do prazi then metro

Tormentor
10-22-2013, 05:34 PM
1/4 tsp per 20 gal. treat for 3 days then do big wc then do again. repeat for 3 weeks. put powder in bottle with a little water shake until your dizzy then pour in tank.
white feces is internal parasites thick or string like. thick usually means bacterial infection along with parasites. fluke or other pests may have stressed the fish. good treatment would be quick cure redose for a few days each day, then do prazi then metro thanks but I do t get it few days every day? Lol and thanks man, really appreciate it, now do you think I should do it with all of them on a hospital tank or the show tank?

dkeef
10-22-2013, 06:42 PM
I got same thing on few of my fish.
Doing metro on whole tank this week. After that prazi if needed.
I have plants also. Please keep us updated.

jimg
10-22-2013, 07:18 PM
thanks but I do t get it few days every day? Lol and thanks man, really appreciate it, now do you think I should do it with all of them on a hospital tank or the show tank?

dose 1x a day with big wc for 3 days
very hard to medicate in a planted tank best in hospital then into new clean tank for a few months to be sure their fine. discus and planted tanks are not what I recommend based on years on trying to have both, may work for a short time or for a very lucky person! keep in mind too many times, (not always), discus with white feces never fully recover

Tormentor
10-22-2013, 07:22 PM
very hard to medicate in a planted tank best in hospital then into new clean tank for a few months to be sure their fine. discus and planted tanks are not what I recommend based on years on trying to have both, may work for a short time or for a very lucky person! keep in mind too many times, (not always), discus with white feces never fully recover
Thanks Jim, I would start the quic cure first then do the others.

jimg
10-22-2013, 07:45 PM
sorry, do the metro before the the prazi. qc then metro then prazi. good luck with them

dkeef
10-22-2013, 07:56 PM

never fully recover? really?

Tormentor
10-22-2013, 08:44 PM
sorry, do the metro before the the prazi. qc then metro then prazi. good luck with them

Thanks Jim!