PDA

View Full Version : look at these reading and tell me....

troysdiiscus
10-25-2013, 08:54 PM
http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o661/troyndeb/th_001_zps884c1bc5.jpg (http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/troyndeb/media/001_zps884c1bc5.jpg.html)
Ok these are my results....
To the left this is my ph of 24 hour aged water
The 2nd is from my tap
The third is after WC
The fourth is the ph before WC from tank...
A kh of less than 50 ppm the gh is 50 to 60 ppm according to my testing.. So no ill effects, no issues at all...fish are spawning like crazy...So is there an issue? I do 30% daily WC in my 110 gallon and 55% on sunday. I guess I am worried about the swing especially when I do a big WC..thoughts????

troysdiiscus
10-25-2013, 10:33 PM
anybody???

Freaky.Fishie
10-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Eventually your water is going to even out as you continue doing water changes with the ages water. Ideally though you'd be treating your aged tap water to match the parameters of your tank BEFORE doing a water change with it. As long as you're not changing more than 25% at a time then the pH swing will not be terrible on the fish and as I said, as you continue to change it out with non treated aged tap then it will level itself out over time and the fish will be gradually adjusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Keith Perkins
10-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Don't have my color charts handy, but how are you aging your water. Are you aerating it somehow. The changes in your pH have me a bit confused.

blueluv
10-25-2013, 11:04 PM
I don't think theirs enough agitation going on in the ageing barrel.

troysdiiscus
10-25-2013, 11:27 PM
yes age with a pond pump and heater
Don't have my color charts handy, but how are you aging your water. Are you aerating it somehow. The changes in your pH have me a bit confused.

troysdiiscus
10-25-2013, 11:29 PM
its a pond pump that does about 450 to 500 gph in a 30 gallon barrel

I don't think theirs enough agitation going on in the ageing barrel.

DiscusLoverJeff
10-26-2013, 08:30 AM
The changes in your pH have me a bit confused.

I am a bit confused at this as well.

What we don't know Troy is the tank planted? What type of substrate (if any)? If planted, are you running CO2?

DonMD
10-26-2013, 09:22 AM
I can't explain it, either. But I will say that based on your report of the fish's behavior, they are not feeling any ill effects. So, if your fish are happy, I wouldn't change anything. Often times we over-treat, thinking there is a problem. But if the fish are good, then why change anything? Just plenty of fresh water, happy fish, no problems.

Keith Perkins
10-26-2013, 09:32 AM
I was thinking something along those lines earlier as well Don. If you've got a pond pump in your reservoir sufficient agitation certainly isn't a problem. I'd be tempted to put away the pH testing equipment and enjoy the fish.

troysdiiscus
10-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the replys, yeah wasnt going to change anything, like I said fish are happy, spawning like crazy. Just was wondering why, thats all. I did the same test about 6 months ago, not planning to change anything just wanted yours input because it was weird to me but there happy thats all that matters.
Jeff I have a few plants, couple of crypts, wyndi's and anubias a couple pieces of mazanita wood thats it with about a 1/2 inch layer of sand. xp canister, FX5 and a sponge filter. I was thinking because of me kh and gh were about 50 or less that was why.