PDA

View Full Version : I want this tank!

strawberryblonde
10-27-2013, 12:35 AM
On nights when I have a lot of water to change I tend to escape to my computer while the tanks are draining/refilling... and then I open up youtube and drool over gorgeous tanks full of discus and angels. This is the one that transported me to another place and time tonight. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE3NFxfMsL0

jmf3460
10-27-2013, 07:52 AM
agreed this is a beautiful setup. his discus are gorgeous. my fav was the tiny ram that snuck in for a grab at the food. he wasn't even scared of those big angels at all

DiscusLoverJeff
10-27-2013, 08:07 AM
That is one beautiful tank for sure.

Nu2Discus
10-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Yea beautiful tank and fish. I've seen this video before on utube. When the video first starts, I as thinking wow is that overstocked. But then it pans out, and you see the rest of the tank. Lol

Second Hand Pat
10-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Gorgeous tank. The only thing which would make it better is wild discus vs domestics :D

plecocicho
10-27-2013, 01:38 PM
I agree Pat, a group of Nhamdas or Cuipeas or even Xingu goldens would look awesome.

Len
10-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Agreed that wild discus would look much better with those angels, but an amazing tank just the same. I'd sit in front of that for hours if it were mine.

Elliots
10-28-2013, 10:29 AM
I would love to have that tank myself. Even more important, I wish I had room in my small apartment for a tank that big! If I had room I would have gotten one that size but I am pretty sure my tank would never look that good.

rbarn
10-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Nice tank

Allwin
10-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Love the altums, beautiful shape!!!

OC Discus
10-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Wayne Watson sings a song you could listen to while viewing the videos. Title, "Another Place and Time"

On nights when I have a lot of water to change I tend to escape to my computer while the tanks are draining/refilling... and then I open up youtube and drool over gorgeous tanks full of discus and angels. This is the one that transported me to another place and time tonight. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE3NFxfMsL0

Trevor W
10-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Gorgeous tank. The only thing which would make it better is wild discus vs domestics :D

I agree Pat, a group of Nhamdas or Cuipeas or even Xingu goldens would look awesome.

Agreed that wild discus would look much better with those angels, but an amazing tank just the same. I'd sit in front of that for hours if it were mine.

Here you go one of my all time favourite tanks on youtube to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BopfnhcTh8A

plecocicho
10-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Here is a description of this setup: Gorgeous fish an a nice tank.
http://www.discusportal.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=306:roberto-manfredi-roberto-manfredi&catid=28:gallery-acquari&Itemid=558

Second Hand Pat
10-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Here is a description of this setup: Gorgeous fish an a nice tank.
http://www.discusportal.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=306:roberto-manfredi-roberto-manfredi&catid=28:gallery-acquari&Itemid=558

Ferdo, you might want to post the description here. The link will not work for folks not belonging to that site.

plecocicho
10-30-2013, 01:31 PM
The aquarium is one of the Juwel Rio 400 with its cabinet, installed in May 2005. Length 151cm, depth 51cm, height 62cm. Actual volume of the tank about 340 liters net.
alt
Filtering

In addition to the Juwel internal filter I associated a Eheim professional II 2028 that I use exclusively as organic, loaded from the bottom up with: Eheim-Ehfimech razor clams, razor clams and Ehfisubstrat siporax-Evening-Eheim. The flow is slow to encourage the reducing action, in the filter, Jumbo 1000/1000 L / h, I removed the towel coal, and added that the wool Perlon replace monthly, in addition to the coarse filter sponges and the end of the Juwel who work regularly with the same water of the tub.
alt
Lighting

4 T8 lamps from Philips TLID 965. Photoperiod of 11 hours where the first and last 2 are lit.
alt
Heating

Thermostat 300 watt Jagger.È present in the bottom of a 24-volt heating cable mat Dupla-60 running through the winter.
alt

Bottom

Itís consists of 50 kg of inert sand Wave Indian amber, woods 6 Old Black Wood ADA and some black stones with white veins. The background is a poster of blue commercially available, fixed to the rear glass with tape.
alt
Values ​​water

The values ​​dellíacqua are:
T: 288pH: 6.3 to 6.5
KH: 2 8dKH
GH: 48dGH
NO2: none
NO3: 30 mg / l
Cond: 200 microS
PO4: 0.5 mg / l
Do not use peat.
alt
Maintenance

Every 10 days replace 100 liters of water for a third and a tap, stabulata in an aquarium of 35 liters for about 3 days with líaggiunta of biocondizionatore Gan of Dupla, and the remaining part osmosis water, so as to have a value equal to 2dKH, a slight increase in the pH, since there acidifico, does not seem to cause discomfort.
I try not to disturb too much the fish and leave them as quiet as possible, the operations in the tank are almost or completely void. This is also why I decided to enter a few plants that do not require any care.
sifonatura The fund is limited to just a few remaining allíeliminazione more visible during the water change.
alt

Population

The fish are hosted 6 wild Discus Red Brown, 5 Pterophyllum Altum, 5 Neon tetras, 12 georgiae, 1 Sturisoma panamensis, 1 Panaque nigrolineatus, 6 Corydoras: 1 Aeneus, sterbai 4, 1 Julii.
alt
Supply

Food 3-4 times a day alternating feed base, Tetra Min, Tetra Prima Discus Tetra Delica as freeze-dried and frozen mash the SV2000.
Plants

The plants are: bleheri Echinodorus, Sagittaria pusilla, Cryptocorine brown and as the floating plant Pistia stratiotes.
Medical Treatments

The medical treatments are carried out in the tank due to an attack of Ictioftiriasi, líaggiunta solved with the product Costawert della Sera. At times I am forced to deal with a few fish, is moved to a acquarietto 40 lt and then put back in the tank.
Comment

With this tank I wanted to give importance to the guests, I deleted everything that could interfere with proper maintenance.
warm colors and majesty of the woods send me peace and tranquility.

strawberryblonde
10-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Wayne Watson sings a song you could listen to while viewing the videos. Title, "Another Place and Time"

LOL, someone knew my little reference! I actually like the Sandy Patty/Wayne Watson duet the best. =)

OC Discus
10-31-2013, 09:09 PM
That's the one I was referring to.

LOL, someone knew my little reference! I actually like the Sandy Patty/Wayne Watson duet the best. =)

jsong
11-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Very nice tank

kladdkaka
07-31-2014, 03:21 PM
Here you go one of my all time favourite tanks on youtube to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BopfnhcTh8A

Wow. Wonderful tank and stunning discus :shocked::D