PDA

View Full Version : 110XH tank is a deep one

discusdaddy
11-11-2013, 11:55 PM
8068580686 Decided just to get a bigger tank since nobody wanted to buy any of my pigeon pairs. Bought and resiliconed this 110 gallon extra high. Now I need a pulley system to lower myself down to scrub the bottom. And the glass hood out of the 75 gallon fell right thru. Lucky I had another hood. And it looks awesome.

mooncon
11-12-2013, 12:00 AM
I totally agree it does look awesome

troysdiiscus
11-12-2013, 12:02 AM
lol, I feel ya..I have one too...love the height though it can get a little tricky....I have to get a chair to work on my plants...and I am 6'2"...

strawberryblonde
11-12-2013, 02:18 AM
I have one of those too. Mine is a 115g tall, so it's 32" to the top. Even though I'm a really tall woman I still have a little step stool hiding next to the tank for regular cleanings and I drag out the step ladder from my laundry room for my super Sunday cleanings.

But gosh I LOVE how they look when they're tall!!!

Ohhhhh, and head for the kitchen section of your local box store (ok ok, Wally World or Target) to buy extra long tongs and, if you ever add driftwood and potted plants check out the canning section for the rubber coated "jar" lifters. I use them all the time for moving things around...it's that extra 12" that I need so that I don't have to put on a wet suit and jump in. =)

troysdiiscus
11-12-2013, 11:28 AM
haaha.....Just got a mental picture of you and wet suite and goggles swimming around inside cleaning your tank!!!:D Fortunately I have a pretty long wing span just have to hike up the old sleeves.....as I am standing on the old chair.
I have one of those too. Mine is a 115g tall, so it's 32" to the top. Even though I'm a really tall woman I still have a little step stool hiding next to the tank for regular cleanings and I drag out the step ladder from my laundry room for my super Sunday cleanings.

But gosh I LOVE how they look when they're tall!!!

Ohhhhh, and head for the kitchen section of your local box store (ok ok, Wally World or Target) to buy extra long tongs and, if you ever add driftwood and potted plants check out the canning section for the rubber coated "jar" lifters. I use them all the time for moving things around...it's that extra 12" that I need so that I don't have to put on a wet suit and jump in. =)

Second Hand Pat
11-12-2013, 11:45 AM
You guys have it easy. I have a 30 inch tall tank and I am under five foot :(...but I have tools :D

troysdiiscus
11-12-2013, 12:09 PM
lol.......Well like I tell my wife, she is not short, she is vertically challenged.....;) she would definately have to put on bathing suite and swim around to do anything in that tank....
You guys have it easy. I have a 30 inch tall tank and I am under five foot :(...but I have tools :D

Second Hand Pat
11-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Scuba tanks help too Tony :)

lol.......Well like I tell my wife, she is not short, she is vertically challenged.....;) she would definately have to put on bathing suite and swim around to do anything in that tank....

Second Hand Pat
11-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Scuba tanks help too Tony :)

Madaboutdiscus
11-12-2013, 07:50 PM
My 56 column measures out at 54 inches with the stand. Its 25 alone. Im a short 5 ft 5 so I need tools and assistance lol.

-Victoria

Tautog
11-12-2013, 08:26 PM
I think I may have identified the tall tank club. I have one of those to. Mine is 48x24x30 XH. I keep having a particular plant trying to float so replanting full of water is a challenge. I'm 5/6 tall so I need a snorkel mask. Y'all crack me up.

trungnguyen
11-12-2013, 08:57 PM
a little chair could help :)

Gene
11-12-2013, 09:20 PM
I love the look of a 110H on a tall stand with canopy. It totals up just under 6'. I hate cleaning it though! Even with tools, I have gotten used to wet armpits after a thorough cleaning lol...

discusdaddy
11-12-2013, 09:39 PM
O.K. were are your pics of these lovely tanks? Thank you so much for the advice.Now the new thing is to bang the heater against the side of the tank. I have seen them do it once and awhile but now it is a game for all.Going to half to drop the cones back in to take there minds off the heaters.

Gene
11-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Now the new thing is to bang the heater against the side of the tank. I have seen them do it once and awhile but now it is a game for all.Going to half to drop the cones back in to take there minds off the heaters.

I had to throw some pots in because they broke a thermometer like that.

sheaspina
11-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Have a 150 tall sitting in storage. Love that tank, just can't get it up 3 flights of stairs. Worth the extra cleaning work imho though, they look great.