PDA

View Full Version : Recent breeding

Nick Klimkowski
11-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Hi every one,
I am a some what of a newer member to the cite however I have been breeding discus as a hobby for quite some time now. I usually will not try crossing any thing but I recently crossed a Penang with a red turq. I do not know what I am going to get from the cross, I would imagine I would have some pure penangs as well as some pure red turqs and maby some kind of a cross. I don't know if anyone has done it before and if you have than maby you could post some picture of what the fry turned out looking like.
thank Nick

John_Nicholson
11-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Without a picture it is hard to say because some people call a fish one thing and others something different. If your penang is a SS you will get 50% red SS and 50% red turqs. You might get some random patterns but I doubt you get any true penangs.

-john

Nick Klimkowski
11-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Ok thanks John I did wonder what basic amount of red turqs I would get out of the spawn I will try to take a pic of the pair tommorow and post it. -Nick

Nick Klimkowski
11-16-2013, 12:05 AM

here is the pic of the pair.

thanks Nick

1300wipass
12-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Have you managed to raise the fry as yet? any pictures of the fry?

I have an identical pair that just started spawning (still in early stages)

so was just interested to see how fry turns out if im lucky enough to have a sucessfull spawn

thanks

OC Discus
12-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Two nice fish.