PDA

View Full Version : albino blue diamond x snakeskin?

ericatdallas
12-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Trying to decide whether to let them breed. I'm curious what pops out if I do. They paired up, are laying eggs, and had wigglers in a community tanks, wigglers perished.

rdiscus
12-05-2013, 12:25 PM
BD, BSS, Blue cobalt ...

ericatdallas
12-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Okay, thanks.... I think I might let them go at it then.

Rod
12-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Doubt you will get bd's, that is controlled by a recessive gene. Unless your snakeskin is a carrier, none will appear.

I think you will get a lot of variation in blue color, depending greatly on the genes controlling blue color in the snakeskin. Ranging from solid blue, striated, to ones that may even be almost solid brown. Many will also be snakeskins with the same color and pattern range. (ie blue scorpian, blue finelines, brownish type). Lots and lots of variation here, but i'm sure many will look very nice.

ericatdallas
12-06-2013, 07:03 AM
So generation 2 could be even more interesting with a recessive albino and blue diamond gene. Maybe this will be fun...

Rod
12-06-2013, 03:55 PM
So generation 2 could be even more interesting with a recessive albino and blue diamond gene. Maybe this will be fun...

Absolutely. :)

Realistically, it will be like a box of liquorice allsorts with many many types. A great way to develop your own signature for a strain, though you will be looking at 4 or 5 generations before you could claim some purity in the line, and thats along with a certain measure of luck. A long and challenging road ahead, but i think a pretty good crossing to start out with.