PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Blue Angelfish for Sale - RI/MA/CT/NH/VT/NY Area

Josho923
12-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Hi friends: been raising lots of discus these days, but I still have 1 tank devoted to breeding my lovely Philippine Blues...

I have a nice batch of fry that are still too young to sell right now, but am hoping to move a bunch of these in the coming weeks. I am at work now but can post pictures of the parents when I get back home; they're gorgeous in person. I am very conservative with the types of fish I mix with my discus, but still have yet to have a problem with my angelfish and discus, for what it's worth. I'm also happy to send pics of my tanks with the 2 species together as well.

Let me know if you are interested by responding to this thread or PM'ing me. I live in Worcester, MA, but I commute to Providence, RI and could always meet you half way in any reasonable direction in the RI/MA/CT/NH/VT/NY, etc. area.

Take care, everybody, and happy holidays!

Attila
12-16-2013, 11:18 PM
I live about 2 hours away near Albany, NY. I'd be interested to see pictures of what you have available.

Tazalanche
12-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Price? Quantity?

DiscusLoverJeff
12-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Just an FYI Josh. In the future, posting an ad with all the details (pictures, price and quantity) up front helps avoid countless posts from members asking for the these things. It is just being courteous.

Tazalanche
12-17-2013, 02:35 PM
The items being available for purchase at the time the thread starts helps too.

Josho923
12-17-2013, 03:22 PM

I apologize for the quality of photos of the parents above - they were taken quickly today with my cell phone, are through glass that is intentionally allowed to be populated with algae, etc., and truly don't show the glowing blue color that drenches 90% of their bodies in person!

All of the points above are well-taken, but this is a forum for a fun hobby, not life or death in the OR :-) I still consider myself "being courteous" even if I don't include every single detail in my opening thread post. I understand that including those things up front does serve to streamline the process, and will strive to do so going forward. I purposely wanted to start this post before the items are available for purchase in order to "test the waters" for interest and to allow the excitement for the fish to grow in the days leading up to them being sold. The anticipation is half the fun :-) I just received 14 tefes from Don in Virginia a couple of months ago, and I was waiting weeks for them to even become available. When they finally arrived at my door, it was like Christmas day as a child! All 14 are thriving and growing well. There are several ongoing threads for discus fry that carry on for literally years as hobbyists eagerly await for the next batch, etc.

Attila and Tazalanche, thanks for your interest! With regard to quantity, while I expect some attrition, I still currently have over 100 fry available. Price is only $8 per fish, and for every 8 you buy, get one free! Please take a look online at other vendors - they're selling fish of inferior body shape, symmetry, color, etc. for twice the price (plus shipping!).

I love this forum and this hobby; I have been benefiting from the excellent livestock of great people like Don and Martha, etc. for a while. Looking forward to contributing some myself!

Take care and have a great day everybody,
Josh

Fuudoi
12-25-2013, 09:42 PM
You shipped ? I would like to buy about 16. Give me a shipping quote to 11229 . Thanks and Merry Christmas

pete78
12-26-2013, 04:49 PM
I would like to buy 8 too I'm from the 11229 area would u like to split the shipping cost.

Fuudoi
12-27-2013, 10:56 PM
I would like to buy 8 too I'm from the 11229 area would u like to split the shipping cost.

Why not, The seller is not responding .. Let me pm him

Josho923
12-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi guys, sorry to disappoint, but there weren't many responses in the first 10 days here on SD. I ended up with a nice batch, but I have unfortunately now sold all of them to local people and a local fish store. It's a really fun process raising them, so I will keep you all posted as I have more fry available.

movementality
01-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Josh,

Are you still selling these locally in MA?

Any info appreciated.

Josho923
01-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Hi movementality, I sold off my previous batch (almost 100 fish!) a little while ago, but I'll definitely keep you posted once I have some more in the works... Thanks for your interest.

movementality
01-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Thanks Josh.

Sorry for the hijack. As a new member, I can't PM just yet.

Thanks for the info and let me know.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse brevity and typos.