PDA

View Full Version : liveaquaria

navydiscus
12-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Just curious if anyone has bought any (non discus) fish from these guys for a community tank?

wild4discus
12-29-2013, 12:34 AM
I personally have never bought fish from liveaquaria because the prices are ridiculously high. You can pretty much get anything they carry much cheaper everywhere else. Good example... I was having a hard time finding denison barbs. Liveaquaria's price is $37 each. Petsmart just got some in and were $7.25 each. What is the justification for that kind of price diffrence? There isn't any!

OC Discus
12-29-2013, 04:55 PM
We always buy our flea and tick med for the dog from them, but never tried fish. In their discus section they have a white discus picture that is just plain ugly. If that is what they advertise, I'm not sure I'd want to see what they actually have.

Madaboutdiscus
12-29-2013, 10:07 PM
I personally have never bought fish from liveaquaria because the prices are ridiculously high. You can pretty much get anything they carry much cheaper everywhere else. Good example... I was having a hard time finding denison barbs. Liveaquaria's price is $37 each. Petsmart just got some in and were $7.25 each. What is the justification for that kind of price diffrence? There isn't any!

On the offside of that have you looked closely at Petsmart tanks...yuck. we got my daughter a new goldfish and it was dead the next day. Yes that is a ridiculous price difference I agree but I will definitely not buy another fish from petsmart. Live Aquaria is an extension of dr foster and smith which is a good group. Never bought any live fish from there but their other products are good.

-Victoria

wild4discus
12-30-2013, 12:25 AM
The petsmart where I live normally has clean tanks and I always QT any new fish no matter where I get them. I agree drfosterssmith has good products and ok prices. I've ordered from them many times, but liveaquaria prices are way too high.

Pnorton
12-30-2013, 09:11 AM
I have ordered from them and from their saltwater WYSIWYG section. Most recently I ordered 30 oto cats from them and added 2 Botha striata. The botia were in great shape most of the o cats were really thin. When I ordered I knew I would loose some, they are small and that happens. At least 1 went into the overflow and eventually disappeared before I could figure out how to net him. There is very little room in the box to maneuver a net and the fish was fast. Over a few days after they arrived I lost 10 whose bodies I found. The rest are fat as pigs now and very active during the day schooling. If you have loses they are very good to refund your money. I have never had to return a body or even show a picture but I do keep the body's until I speak with customer service. If you order make sure you include a note if you don't want your shipment sent if they are out of something. The wholesaler they get the fish from in CA can sell out before your order gets packed. I have also had good luck ordering from Petsolutions and Petco. Hope this helps.