PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time is a charm

lx2077
01-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Ok guys here is the 3rd time and unfortunately my worsr fear has come to a reality. .. they are BOTH laying eggs I guess I have 2 females :)
Bummer after I set up a breeding tank too...lol does it strike you ODD that they are laying at EXACTLY the same time?

sent from my Galaxy S4

lx2077
01-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Does male sperm hopefully look like eggs??? Lol

sent from my Galaxy S4

PP_GBR
01-06-2014, 12:48 AM
My friend,

Sorry I couldn't help it. No, it is is invisible. LOL

Tazalanche
01-06-2014, 09:37 AM
does it strike you ODD that they are laying at EXACTLY the same time?It is common. We also placed a "pair" in a separate tank on their 3rd or 4th time of laying eggs in the community tank, only to discover a month later that they were BOTH laying eggs. It took that long for us to discover it because they always laid before when we were at work. A couple months after being placed back into the community tank, we had a nice laugh because they tried it again and were actually running off the males that were trying to assist in the spawn.

If you do intend to breed, at least now you know you have two definite females and can start working on finding a mate for each of them.

lx2077
01-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Yup thats what I thought at lease I can say I have 2 CONFIRMED FEMALES anyone want to trade....lol

sent from my Galaxy S4

Rudustin
01-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Done it too! Hans sent me to beautiful adult checker boards. Had them in a quarantine tank that just happened to have a breeding cone. The two discus laid an incredible amount of eggs and I of course being ignorant posted a thread on this forum that I had a proven pair! Did I get hell for it because they were not proven and not even confirmed that they were a normal pair. I had to eat my words when I realized that they were both female. So, you're right you now have two confirmed females and now the search for a male or two. LOL! I've got too many females and not enough males so i am in the same boat as you!

lx2077
01-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Yeah it sucks...here I am a newbie in the hobby and BAM im thinki.ng WOW I have a confirmed proven pair!!! However I held back from posting I had "proven pair" until I had wigglers simply from seing other people getting blasted to!! Rudustin ill tell you I thought for sure they we4e a pair they ate swam played together they were ALWAYS with each other 24/7....I was so upset when I saw both laying....Hans has 2 possible males for sale a cobalt($225) and a blue diamond(250) not sure which im going to get yet or what im going to do I might just put the male w/ both of them or simply just pick one or the other

sent from my Galaxy S4

Kal-El
01-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Yeah it sucks...here I am a newbie in the hobby and BAM im thinki.ng WOW I have a confirmed proven pair!!! However I held back from posting I had "proven pair" until I had wigglers simply from seing other people getting blasted to!! Rudustin ill tell you I thought for sure they we4e a pair they ate swam played together they were ALWAYS with each other 24/7....I was so upset when I saw both laying....Hans has 2 possible males for sale a cobalt($225) and a blue diamond(250) not sure which im going to get yet or what im going to do I might just put the male w/ both of them or simply just pick one or the other

sent from my Galaxy S4

What I do is force pairing. I take the female out and put her in with the new male in their own 20H-29 gallon tank. In time when the female is ready to lay eggs again she will want to do the dance with the male and start the spawning process. Of course this all depends if your male know what to do. It make take him a few try (especially young male) to get it right. Also they may fight if they don't like each other. It's kind of like someone put you in a room with a girl you don't like and hopes you end up hooking up... LOL... (Discus - If both are healthy they will hookup and spawn)