PDA

View Full Version : He Really Does Exist! Brewmaster15

brewmaster15
01-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Hi all,
Yes its true, Brewmaster15, aka Al, aka the forum's owner does really exist. I kid you not. I know that many new members signing up here the last 6 months or so probably think that I am myth or an imaginary character made up by the owners of some massive Discus Corporation to act as a figure head for this forum, but I assure that I am a real person.:o Just one thats been gone for a long sabatical and well needed rest after too many years of being plugged into the hobby and Forum.

So to all the new members that don't know me , pleasure to meet you! and I hope that I can get to know some of you in 2014

and to the old members that vaguely remember me ;) as you read this your are probably either lovin it or dreading...I'm back! Batteries are fully charged. I do have a bit of catching up to do with everyone....and apologizing.

Funny all these years I watched people come and go in the hobby, family matters,sickness, job loss, burn out took their toll on so many., and finally did me in too. Took experiencing all those things at once to take me out, but it did. Not going to bore anyone with the details , we all deal with things from time to time.

So here I am....what comes next?
1) A Big Thank you!!! I really appreciate those of you that have stood by me, checked on me, participated in fund raisers and tried to be mindful of maintaining the kind of forum I have always tried to maintain. They say you learn who your friends are when you need them most....never paid much attention to the name masses refered to as "they"..but "they" are right on there with that one.

2)The Apologies... Though I could not honestly do anything about it, I left alot of people to deal with alot of issues, particularly my Mod Staff and fellow admins. Thank you for holding things together so well and taking some weight off me!

3)And another apology... I came up with a brilliant ( at least I thought so at the time!) Idea for a Discus Contest...It had the potential to be a really great thing and I was really excited about it... and then the unthinkable happened to me...actually alot of them happened. The result is I was not able to really be part of the whole contest as I had envisioned. Life Throws you curves. I am back and will be involved in the final stages of the Contest Judging and awards. I need to get some one on one time with the team here and get caught up.... review a years worth of discussions,problems, issues, and promises etc....so though I know many have been very patient already a little more patience on everyones part would be very helpful and appreciated. Give me a few a days and I will be intouch with everyone involved, and we can get to the fun part. I give you all my word on that.

4)I am really looking forward to reconnecting with everyone. I will not be taking the reins here completely though, while I was gone the Mods and Admins did a great job overall of running the place which can be a challenge to say the least! Part of the reason I needed a break was I took too much on all the time. Not anymore...I need to have a bit of time to be a hobbyist and interact as one. You may have noticed the new rules and conditions for using the forum here...they were instituted with my direction and input to make it easier for the staff here to help me run the place...I will be deferring often to them in day to day things. I really am looking forward to get back into the hobby aspects of discus keeping.

5)You hopefully noticed no changes in my Freeze Dried Blackworm business, AquaticSuppliers.com . It was not always easy to do going thru all I was dealing with, but I made sure that nothing changed in how I do business...and nothing will. :)

Lastly....Once I get myself caught up and we get the contest closed out completely.. I will be discussing with the team here some ideas I have for other things that can enhance the Forum Experience..One step at a time.. SimplyDiscus will be 12 years old in April....over the years we have done many things, tried many things...Some we did better than other things...some were failures , others were successes. A truly strong forum goes through changes and growing pains, stumbles and gets up and tries again.... and thats what I do too.:)

Best wishes to all in the New Year !

Sincerely,
Al
SimplyDiscus Owner

dirtyplants
01-09-2014, 11:33 AM
family matters,sickness, job loss

Ouch that is a lot at one time. Glad you are back, and hopefully you can find a good medium that works for your general well being.

sholvey
01-09-2014, 11:34 AM
5)You hopefully noticed no changes in my Freeze Dried Blackworm business, AquaticSuppliers.com . It was not always easy to do going thru all I was dealing with, but I made sure that nothing changed in how I do business...and nothing will. :)

Hello Al, I am new to this forum, but not to the hobby. Just placed my first order of blackworms from you last week and hopefully they get here today. Happy New Year to you.

Allwin
01-09-2014, 11:37 AM
I know, Al is a person who sends FDBW and will be sending another order today, lol.

-Allwin

Second Hand Pat
01-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Hey Al, glad to see you back in the saddle and on the forum. I will admit to missing you but hope you will find things are pretty much normal around here. :D
Pat

farebox
01-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Thanks...I owe SD for the progress I've made in the hobby and my 13 member varsity team luv u from the tons of FDBW consumed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

John_Nicholson
01-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Glad to see you back Al.

-john

DiscusLoverJeff
01-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Welcome back Al. It is good to have you back for some insightful and inspirational thoughts and ideas.

nc0gnet0
01-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Al? Who is the Al guy?

;)

-Rick

Keith Perkins
01-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Good to see the lead dog back in the pack.

MKD
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm glad you are back and wish everything gets better for you. Mods and admins doing great when you are gone.

Pat, don't tell Al we had a party here.ssssssshhhhhhhh

««««««««««« please excuse smart phone poster error »»»»»»»»»»

Larry Bugg
01-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Glad to have you back Al!! You were missed my friend!

Never missed a beat receiving my Kilo bags of FDBW while you were away from the forum and my discus really appreciate that.

Trevor W
01-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Glad to see you are back at it with a recharged and fresh approach! Life will always throw things our way but I like to think that it is how you come out of it at the end that matters most. Welcome back Al.

Second Hand Pat
01-09-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm glad you are back and wish everything gets better for you. Mods and admins doing great when you are gone.

Pat, don't tell Al we had a party here.ssssssshhhhhhhh

««««««««««« please excuse smart phone poster error »»»»»»»»»»

np Tony...believe I got everything stashed away ok :D

Cichlidcraze
01-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Welcome back Al. I hope 2014 is a better year for you. Want to say a big thank you to you and your team for a great forum.

Cass

aalbina
01-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Welcome back - Al. Glad to hear things are going better for you! Here's to a new year of life and all that it brings - Happy New Year to you.

Adam

Tankster
01-09-2014, 03:39 PM
I missed the party! I just joined and the boss comes back?

Al, glad to hear you worked through things. We've all been there, and it's hell while you are in the middle of it, but it certainly makes the sky just a bit more blue when you come out the other side.

Skip
01-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Hi all,
Yes its true, Brewmaster15, aka Al, aka the forum's owner does really exist. I kid you not. I know that many new members signing up here the last 6 months or so probably think that I am myth or an imaginary character made up by the owners of some massive Discus Corporation to act as a figure head for this forum, but I assure that I am a real person.:o Just one thats been gone for a long sabatical and well needed rest after too many years of being plugged into the hobby and Forum.

So to all the new members that don't know me , pleasure to meet you! and I hope that I can get to know some of you in 2014

and to the old members that vaguely remember me ;) as you read this your are probably either lovin it or dreading...I'm back! Batteries are fully charged. I do have a bit of catching up to do with everyone....and apologizing.

WELCOME BACK AL!!!
hope its still like you remember.. here is a quick run down where things are here.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldYNQNStcOI

Chad Adams
01-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Great to hear from you Al. Hope all is well and you got much needed sabbatical!

Chad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

brewmaster15
01-09-2014, 04:21 PM
LOL Thanks Skip...so pretty much everything is as I left it.:)

Thanks everyone....I haven't run for the Hills yet, so all should be good. We'll see... I have to say, the Pms may take some time to wade thru...I haven't spent this much time reading on line in ages.
-al

Second Hand Pat
01-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Al, it is not as bad as Skip would have you think. The biggest thing is Skip changing his username ;)

Trubble
01-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Welcome back, Al. Suffice it to say that you were missed. It's great to see you returning.

On a side note, my fishies say to thank you again for the blackworms. They give new meaning to excited every time they see the bag.

mlov1022
01-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Great to hear from you Al. Happy New Year!

zimmjeff
01-09-2014, 08:16 PM
I knew you were out there somewhere, I kept seeing your notes on my orders. Glad to see you back here. Jeff

Nick Klimkowski
01-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Welcome back Al. Glad to finally get to see you, hope I will get to know you better.

-Nick

Disgirl
01-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Glad to hear you are back Al, we missed you! But your team did admirably well for you while you were "on vacation". I will soon be needing more worms, they are all my fish's favorite food, my Electric Blue Jack Dempsey almost jumps out of the water to grab them out of my fingers once a day.
Barb

a volar
01-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Welcome back Al!

Tazalanche
01-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Welcome back, Al. Suffice it to say that you were missed. It's great to see you returning.

On a side note, my fishies say to thank you again for the blackworms. They give new meaning to excited every time they see the bag.Yes. Welcome back Al. Now Merry & I will have to come up with more clever comments in the special instructions section on our blackworm orders. ;)

Not only do our discus love the FDBW, but our angels & endlers do too.

Chicago Discus
01-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Master is back-------Great to have you back my friend......JOSIE

blueluv
01-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Welcome back , Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

SortSay2003
01-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Hi Al,

Welcome back and my sympathies for what you have gone through.

At least you know now that you're made like a spring, Always bounce back!

It was a pleasure speaking with you yesterday and looking forward to the FDBW. Thanks for everything.

Have a nice weekend,

Sam

Trier20
01-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Good to see you back ol friend

DonMD
01-10-2014, 07:02 PM
I think we all noticed a particular absence, Al. Glad you're back, very glad. And many KUDOS to your admins and moderators for keeping the ship afloat! Great job, everyone!

Darren's Discus
01-11-2014, 03:18 AM
Nice to have you back Al.
Cheers

brewmaster15
01-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks again everyone! Glad to see that I wasnt entirely Forgotton!:) And I am really happy to see many old friends still active here. Its been pretty cool to to see so many new ones as I look through the forum. It is the same great Forum I left ! Really good to be back.

Oh and hey I mentioned I would get involved in the contest as soon as I had a chance to catch up. I have just sent out a lengthy pm to all involved going over the final stages..I will also be taking over the contest to do some penance for my long sabatical:) Once I hear back from everyone and we are set to rock and roll..I will post an announcement. I am really looking forward to a good end...There will be cash awards, Grand prize and People Choice, which is where all of you will get to vote....More latter, but I did want you all to know where we stand..

Thanks again for the welcome back,
al

shawnhu
01-23-2014, 12:56 AM
Welcome back Al, it's like you never left. :)

I did give you a ring a couple weeks ago and left a msg, hope things are on the uppity up.

Udeservit
01-24-2014, 02:35 PM
What a nice welcome!!! I'm so happy this forum is available. I have been taking a lot of advice and hopefully I can pay it forward to some newbies one day. That is once I'm no longer a newbie :)