PDA

View Full Version : Can two blue rams consume a third overnight?

OC Discus
01-09-2014, 10:06 PM
I had three rams in my qt tank. The next morning, only two. No trace of the third. The only place I can't check is under the stand on the back side. If it jumped out, it had to flop 3-4" to get under the cabinet.

Could 2 rams consume a third overnight and leave no traces of it? One looks very bloated today, a few days since the one went missing.

Nick Klimkowski
01-09-2014, 10:14 PM
I guess it could be possible Oc, but I think that the ram just jumped out or it died in the tank and is just hard to see, that is the only problem with rams they just don't live to long.

Ryan
01-09-2014, 10:15 PM
I doubt it. I've not had many rams eat dead bodies of other rams. Is the top of the tank open, even a little? If so, my guess is that it jumped and flopped somewhere. I had a Krobia jump out of my 150 community and by the time I found it, it'd flopped about 15 feet away to the other side of my living room. The cats were going insane.

OC Discus
01-09-2014, 10:20 PM
This qt tank doesn't have a top on it. I'll probably find the skeleton when I move the tank. Could be under a book case.

Thanks.

I doubt it. I've not had many rams eat dead bodies of other rams. Is the top of the tank open, even a little? If so, my guess is that it jumped and flopped somewhere. I had a Krobia jump out of my 150 community and by the time I found it, it'd flopped about 15 feet away to the other side of my living room. The cats were going insane.

Ryan
01-09-2014, 10:32 PM
If you have a dog or cat, you may never find a body. :D

Aeon
01-14-2014, 03:01 PM
No they couldn't