PDA

View Full Version : Long white stringy feces

lx2077
01-14-2014, 12:41 AM
Hey guys I need some help I currently have 2 angelfish in my discus tank which are growing quite large and get along quite well with the discus however I noticed rather long stingy feces white in color from 1 of them but the actual feces is not white but really only looks as if its the casing thats white and the actual poop is inside this casing he is eating just fine and has normal temperament swimming around playing etc; am I worrying over nothing or should I quarantine? Im worried for my discus should this be something serious. ..thanks guys I hope im just be a nervous nellyhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/14/ata2upet.jpg http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/14/qeby8u2e.jpg

sent from my Galaxy S4

OC Discus
01-14-2014, 01:04 AM
I've seen that one day and it never repeated. Keep tank wiped down, filter floss rinsed and large water changes. If it doesn't persist it could clear up without any further action. Also, consider a balanced healthy diet- worms, shrimp, some veggie flake or pellet with vitamins daily.

dirtyplants
01-14-2014, 01:18 AM
I have learned not to like white poop. I would just for the sake of being safe then sorry, QT him and watch his poops.

Eti
01-14-2014, 04:00 PM
looks like a tapeworm...Is he eating at all? If yes, I would treat with prazi

lx2077
01-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Thanks OC and the rest of those who replied. ..UPDATE today I noticed all is fine his poop is regular no "sausage casings" today he never stoped eating or appeared to be bothered by it I was just concerned being he was a tank mate for my babies...and I had him since he was the size of a dime...lol however if you guys thought he might have a problem BELIEVE ME right down the bowl he has no idea how close he came to that....his faith was in the hands of your response.I guess I can take him of of death for now...
THANKS BOYS

sent from my Galaxy S4

lx2077
01-14-2014, 11:48 PM
Oh as far as diet goes OC...all are on "fresh beef heart" recipe courtesy of John Nicholson....a mix of (frozen Blood Worms,brine, veggie delight & cichlid melody mix) just as a treat only b/c all these frozen foods are basically 85% water and of coarse High grade flake daily.... the picture is of the frozen treats I spoke of I recently discontinued the Live black worms which they LOVED soooo much due to the high risk of parasites :( oh how they loved those black worms I was new to the hobby in the beginning and didnt know better is there ANY live food I can give safely? even if I have to order from some special place I dont care I just miss thdre brightly colored body when I gave live food thanks

sent from my Galaxy S4

lx2077
01-14-2014, 11:49 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/15/ry7yhepu.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/15/ymazumu7.jpg

sent from my Galaxy S4

SortSay2003
01-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Personally, I have gone with Hikari fbw about six months ago and have been really satified with the result. Just recently added Al's fdbw tonight and the discus seem to attack it good. I also feed Tetra granule, Cobalt (Hans) flakes, and bh...look them up when you get a chance. Good luck.

lx2077
01-15-2014, 06:41 AM
Definitely will....thanks

sent from my Galaxy S4

OC Discus
01-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Glad its looking better lx. Just FYI- freeze dried foods are less prone to parasites. Freeze dried blood worms by Omega One are a good option for variety. Sounds like the beef heart mix is a good staple. Omega One Freeze dried brine shrimp are another food they devour and high in protein.

JmDiscuss
01-15-2014, 11:56 AM
I have a good picture of my discus with white stringy poop, just do not know how to put it on here. treating with tetras Paristie Guard right now.

wild4discus
01-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Any live fods have a much higher risk of bacteria/parasites. For frozen foods, I have always fed my discus and other fish Hikari frozen products. Hikari products are high quality, sterilized and fortified with vitamins and minerals. Never had any disease related issues either with their foods. My discus love their frozen blood worms, mysis shrimp, and spirulina brine shrimp.