PDA

View Full Version : Leopard X Snakskin Output

Jason.59
01-19-2014, 07:00 AM
Ok, I just transferred the fry's to a bigger tank and took inventory and the results wore
40- 14bars (62%)
24- 9bars(38%)
Does this sound right I was expecting more 9 bars then 14, would really appreciate a breakdown of what
people think on the genetic's that caused this.

Jason

nc0gnet0
01-19-2014, 09:49 AM
The breakdown should have been 50-50. What your seeing is well within reason of what one might expect to see. Infant mortality and some degree of randomness in the distribution of RNA makes it an inexact science.

Jason.59
01-20-2014, 03:36 AM
Thank You, nc0gnet0
would you by any chance know how to setup a punnet square for the cross?

John_Nicholson
01-20-2014, 09:56 AM
I have not seen your fish but could the leopard really be a leopard snakeskin? If so the %'s are spot on.

-john

John_Nicholson
01-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Never mind I found the other thread. Rick is right you should have gotten 50/50.

-john

robertcos
01-21-2014, 06:24 AM
Hello to all! My name is Robert and I'm from Brazil I Love Discus need help. Acquire
some variants of Leopado charge (LS) and Leopard Spotted Eruption (LSS). I know that crossing LS x LS
not have good results. If I cross Spotted Eruption (LSS) x (LSS) will result in Spotted
Eruption (LSS). How do I keep the variant Spotted Eruption? Thank you for your attention

Rod
01-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Hello to all! My name is Robert and I'm from Brazil I Love Discus need help. Acquire
some variants of Leopado charge (LS) and Leopard Spotted Eruption (LSS). I know that crossing LS x LS
not have good results. If I cross Spotted Eruption (LSS) x (LSS) will result in Spotted
Eruption (LSS). How do I keep the variant Spotted Eruption? Thank you for your attention

Hello Robert,

If i am understanding your question, you want to know how to breed pure spotted eruption (LSS)? At the moment you are receiving both leopards (LS) and spotted eruption (LSS)?

That is because LSS cannot breed pure, they are all heterozygous and in every spawn there will always be a reversion to the wild form (LS). There is nothing you can do to change this!

Regards

Rod