PDA

View Full Version : FS Water Spangle (Salvinia minima) - $7 USPS small box

laborelch
01-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Got lots of water spangle (it's growing like crazy in my 200g) to give away. I figured before tossing it on the compost, I'd ask if someone wants some. I can fit about a handful of pieces in a USPS small priority box. Paypal me $7 to freshwatertank @ gmail.com (to cover packaging and shipping) and I'll ship it out (prefer Mon/Tues to ship – depending on temperatures… and it has been cold….). These are floating plants and great to provide cover to species like discus, loaches, livebearers and others.
Here a link to what this floating plant is and it’s requirements: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvinia_minima

laborelch
01-27-2014, 05:17 PM
lots of views - no interest in free plants obviously. Going into the trash today - I really need to weed out my 200g. Mods please delete/lock this post. Thanks, Steffi

dirtyplants
01-27-2014, 05:34 PM
Hi your plant may not be an acceptable plant for some states. I am not sure if the cold will kill this, if it gets out in the water supply. Perhaps you should check this out, and explain state regulations should be checked before purchasing. Duck weed survives the winters but is readily eaten by fish and ducks and is a good protein source.

Tazalanche
01-27-2014, 09:38 PM
If we were not dealing with single digit temps this week I would have been interested in both. I'm sure others were in the same situation.

William Palumbo
01-27-2014, 09:51 PM
I'd take some, but -26 will freeze it I'm sure...Bill

laborelch
01-28-2014, 11:35 AM
Yes - did the overnight test last night - didn't look so good after a night outside packaged like I would ship. I could order 72hr heat packs but then it's getting too complicated and would add to the cost - so moved what I don't need to the compost this morning. Should have an sufficiently big new batch later this year when the temps are warmer. Also will add the state regulation info. Thanks for your feedback everyone. Stay warm!

Tazalanche
01-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Thank you for thinking of us, even if weather was not permitting your intentions.