PDA

View Full Version : Is this Skin Burn from Quick Cure?

OC Discus
01-25-2014, 08:19 PM
http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t651/OCDiscus/sinus_zps00369eec.jpg (http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/OCDiscus/media/sinus_zps00369eec.jpg.html)

I've been treating the tank with Quick Cure for ick for about a week. Today I did a 50% wc and added one drop per gallon, plus an extra 35 drops for the extra water replaced (25% wc per instructions). Is the redness in the sinus and around the fin a burn from the medication? Should I do anything about it?

Elliots
01-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I do not know but it might be he swam into something, fighting or burn from a heater. I am just throwing these ideas out, I really do not know.

OC Discus
01-25-2014, 10:47 PM
Thanks Elliots. I also have a snow white that has the red spots around the sinus- like a person with the flu who has been blowing their nose until its raw. I really think it is the medicine, but not sure if I should be worried.

blueluv
01-25-2014, 11:04 PM
I do not know but it might be he swam into something, fighting or burn from a heater. I am just throwing these ideas out, I really do not know.

Not a burn from heater. I believe it must have been startled or bullied and swam hard on something. It looks like a bruise. I've seen it happen to some discus I had in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtyplants
01-25-2014, 11:08 PM
OC did the fish have that coloration before or is this new? Quick Cure will not discolor your fish. It may be endemic to the genetics in which case John might be a good person to ask.

OC Discus
01-25-2014, 11:25 PM
Coree,

Two of my fish- snow white and albino yellow- have developed the redness around the sinus and fins while treating with quick cure. I just noticed it today. The darker color fish don't have it.

If it were bruises, seems odd it would be on both sides of the fish- sinus and those middle fins, whatever they are called- the balancing fins.

dirtyplants
01-25-2014, 11:31 PM
My snow white has a little red over his upper lip an do so does my red melon neither have ever been exposed to any medications.
You have not mentioned if this is new just appearing after treatment?
I think it is genetic John and Rick would be able to tell you if or not genetic. It could also be from encounters of another kind when being chased. I would rather think it being genetic then kidney malfunction due to over medication. If this were burns from meds, I would suspect redness in the gill area not the base of the fins. BBBBBBut if the kidneys were affected by the meds kidney problems could indeed exhibit as redness in skin.

OC Discus
01-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Thanks Coree. They have been a little more skittish than usual since I removed all the sand and their artificial driftwood. I'll keep watching them.

My snow white has a little red over his upper lip an do so does my red melon neither have ever been exposed to any medications. I think it is genetic John and Rick would be able to tell you if or not genetic. It could also be from encounters of another kind when being chased.

dirtyplants
01-25-2014, 11:44 PM
Yes make it easy for them plenty of clean water.