PDA

View Full Version : Discus white faeces

Ecossebear
01-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone.

Hoping someone can give me some advice. I have just noticed the last few days my discus have white faeces. They are eating as normal and look healthy otherwise.

My tank stats are as follows
Size: 300litres
Number of Discus: 6
Tank mates: 3 x Cory's 3 x clown loaches, guppies danios and neon cardinals.
Temp: 31 degrees
PH: 7.5
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: between 5 and 10
Water changes: 25% once per week (I have upped to every second day since took ill)
Treatment: melafix and Pimafix once daily. Small amount of salt (don't want to increase due to loaches)
Food: fed twice per day on a variety of Six different food types from PlymouthDiscus (mix of flakes, dried foods and granules) as a very rare treat I give them blood worm.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

dirtyplants
01-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Blood worms frozen? I purchase H. frozen blood worms my fish love it. But I noticed every time I feed it my cardinals get sick and then I will loose some. So I just stopped feeding blood worms my cardinals are doing fine. Coincidence maybe, but I am leery now about frozen blood worms. So you have a picture of white poop?

krislewis3
01-28-2014, 12:13 PM
I also stay away from frozen blood worms.....they don't have much nutrition either!

dirtyplants
01-28-2014, 12:30 PM
White poop could be flags, bacteria or a translucent type of worm. So a picture would help.

Tormentor
01-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Too little of water change, you should do more frequent and larger changes and yes a picture would help a lot.