View Full Version : need new tank

kirklandlaker
02-03-2014, 12:27 AM
so i have my pair in a community tank and want to get them in there own tank just don’t know what i need... size.. what i use for filtration ect ect any help please ......thank you

Nick Klimkowski
02-03-2014, 12:37 AM
There is a few things to keep in mind be for you begin breeding, it is not just one tank you will need, you will need another tank or few tanks to grow out the fry in. As far as tank size goes there is a couple of sizes that most like it is either a 20 or a 29 gallon, I use 29 gallon tanks for my pairs. Next you will need to get filtration a simple sponge filter will work. Also a separate heater. Finally the most important thing is to do large daily water changes. Hth.

kirklandlaker
02-03-2014, 12:45 AM
i do have a couple other tanks nick 55 and 100gal tanks.. ok so tomorrow I’m going to go buy a 29 gal tank i just have to figure out what these sponge filter are.. i have only used fluval canister pumps ...do they hook up to some kind of canister ?

kirklandlaker
02-03-2014, 12:59 AM
another thing nick once i set this tank up how long before i can put the pair in? thanks for your help

Elliots
02-03-2014, 08:26 AM
They hook up to an air pump. They are very similar to prefilter sponges without the filter. If you look at a photo you will see wehat they are. They come in different sizes.

kirklandlaker
02-03-2014, 09:26 AM
just to an air pump Elliots? like when i think filter i think water sucked out then water back in.. Not the same setup right..