PDA

View Full Version : new breeding tank need help please..

kirklandlaker
02-04-2014, 10:37 PM
i have my pair in a community tank right now .. went out and got a new 29gal tank and want to put the pair in the new tank.. my question is what precaution do i need to take before moving my pair into new tank... like cycling ??? what would be the best way to cycling the new tank ? thanks for and help

Nick Klimkowski
02-04-2014, 10:54 PM
The best why to cycle your new tank would be to simply take some bacteria out of your filter in your community tank and put it into the new tank. Hth.

Pardal
02-04-2014, 11:09 PM
In addition to seed your tank with and old sponge or water from your community tank filter to your new filter.
You should add the precaution of keeping daily WC at least 50% because the tank will have a mini-cycle an could have an ammonia spike, that will be take care of by your daily WC.

Nick Klimkowski
02-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Very true, daily 50-100% water changes are key when breeding.

kirklandlaker
02-05-2014, 12:19 AM
ok heres the problem I’m using a fluval g3 on my community tank and i don’t know if you have seen them but just a couple filters on there that look like oil filters really no way of getting anything out of there... I’m thinking of vacuuming the gravel in my community tank and putting it in the new system? will this work?....Again guys thanks for all the help