PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who can't attend NADA 14

Discus-n00b
02-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Those of you who can't attend NADA 2014, What do you want to see from home? How do you want to see it? What I mean is, are you looking forward to just pictures of the show fish? Vendors? Faces to names and crowd shots type of stuff? Hotel/location? Or do you want something like Interviews or discussions with vendors? Interviews with everyone else? (I could follow Skip around like the paparazzi) etc? Would you rather see pictures on a thread here, twitter updates/pictures, watch clips on youtube, any of the above?

Obviously I'm not going to sit there and record things like a speaker's talk for you, I think that would be a bit unfair but I do want to bring small pieces of the NADA show to you and your computer screens if I can. Hopefully to excite you and others enough to attend the next one or kick yourself for not attending this one. With it being 4 months out I'm going through my gear making sure I have what I need to do that and I am open to other ideas. I'll already be taking photos of the show fish but just looking to see what else you want to see. I've thought about vlogging my personal experience for youtube, from my planned road trip through the show and the road trip back (if you see me talking to the camera don't be alarmed) but we'll see how that goes as it gets closer.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions? No promises here just brainstorming. I doubt I will have time for everything, just looking to see what most people at home want to see. And sorry folks, I value my camera to much to take pictures of John in a dress. :p

discuspaul
02-12-2014, 11:42 PM
I would love to see pics of many attendees with their names - to be able to put faces to names - and hear comments made/ interviews given, by attendee sd members. Also crowd shots, with any familiar names attached to those in the crowd, and their location in the photos. A thread here on sd, or a link to Utube would be great if videos are taken.

musicmarn1
02-12-2014, 11:45 PM
vlogging + 200 people want to be there !! im planning on going with bells on but if some emergency comes up your my only solace :p

MKD
02-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Fish and everyone's face possible. Can't ask anymore than this. Maybe you can bid couple fish for me?

Thank you Matt for doing this.
Tony

««««««««««« please excuse smart phone poster error »»»»»»»»»»

Kirbs
02-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Fish & names with faces would be great!

Chad Adams
02-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Fish and everyone's face possible.

Fish & names with faces would be great!

I would love to see pics of many attendees with their names - to be able to put faces to names .

Man, you guys have obviously never seen some of these people. Be careful what you wish for! 😱😁😃

All kidding aside...

I understand if there's a legitimate reason you can't make it, but if at all possible you'd want to be there!

That being said. Matt will do justice with his photo journal. He really knows a good deal about photography. Why we chose him for Atlanta. Thanks Matt.

Chad

pastry
02-13-2014, 09:59 AM
-Fish
-Names to face
-Cleavage
-Any embarrassing stories or drama

Skip
02-13-2014, 10:03 AM
-Fish
-Names to face
-Cleavage

what happens in Austin.. will stay in austin but be posted on Simply and facebook :)

pastry
02-13-2014, 10:06 AM
LMAO Skip... as from a recent quote of Modern Family, "Gossip belongs to everybody!" - Cam

Second Hand Pat
02-13-2014, 10:19 AM
-Fish
-Names to face
-Cleavage

Cleavage - No to this one for sure

John_Nicholson
02-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Well Skip lost most of his cleavage when he skinny-ed up but I will see if I can get him to show a little....

-john

-Fish
-Names to face
-Cleavage

Rick S
02-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Seen a picture of a guy with a dress on one year. Many of us know who he is. Ugly cleavage though.

Rick

Second Hand Pat
02-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Skip's cleavage is fine but there are by far better uses for Matt's camera skills :D

John_Nicholson
02-13-2014, 10:33 AM
A man wears a dress one time ( Ok 2 times ) and he never hears the end of it....LOL.

-john

Seen a picture of a guy with a dress on one year. Many of us know who he is. Ugly cleavage though.

Rick

Skip
02-13-2014, 10:43 AM
LMAO Skip... as from a recent quote of Modern Family, "Gossip belongs to everybody!" - Cam

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt4vk3TzXK1r08mw7o4_400.jpg

pastry
02-13-2014, 01:26 PM
LOL at the responses from John, Pat, and Skip. Very currious who was wearing the dress.

nwehrman
02-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discus-n00b
02-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Lol thanks all.

Like I said, John in a dress among other things are better left alone as I value my camera and lenses in one piece.

OC Discus
02-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Names and faces of sd members, administrators, sponsors, pictured with their fish.

Skip
02-13-2014, 10:45 PM
Names and faces of sd members, administrators, sponsors, pictured with their fish.

Not all fish will be from sponsors.. and not all people are on sd..with will be there

The tanks won't have names on them.. it keeps judging on the level..

U jus need to not miss.. these happen every two years

pastry
02-14-2014, 11:52 PM
WT...H? John was wearing the dress? Twice? Just like the local saltwater fishing community forum usually says here in Charleston... no pic, never happened...

Sooo... that said... where's the pic(s)?

Second Hand Pat
02-15-2014, 12:45 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/DiscusJohn/Mvc-005f.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/DiscusJohn/media/Mvc-005f.jpg.html)

pastry
02-15-2014, 09:03 AM
HOLY CRAP! IT HAPPENED!

Pat, you think Al would mind if we put that on the main page of SD? John, that should TOTALLY be your avatar. Imagine how messed up people would get when you're trying to help them out yet you have they look at that pic and scratch their heads. Ha!

John_Nicholson
02-15-2014, 09:18 AM
Gee thanks Pat......

There really was a good reason for this.....ask me at NADA and I will fill you in on it......

-john

Skip
02-15-2014, 09:37 AM
HOLY CRAP! IT HAPPENED!

Pat, you think Al would mind if we put that on the main page of SD? John, that should TOTALLY be your avatar. Imagine how messed up people would get when you're trying to help them out yet you have they look at that pic and scratch their heads. Ha!

Elliot.. where have you been. . That pic comes up about 4 times a year on sd.. lol

Second Hand Pat
02-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Welcome John, just being a helpful admin.....but if it gets more folks to come to Austin, well worth it.

Larry Bugg
02-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Welcome John, just being a helpful admin.....but if it gets more folks to come to Austin, well worth it.

I agree totally Pat, if it gets more people to come to Austin then it is well worth it................................................ unfortunately I see it having the opposite affect.

Second Hand Pat
02-15-2014, 10:46 AM
There really was a good reason for this.....ask me at NADA and I will fill you in on it......

Curiosity always pulls in a crowd Larry :)

Larry Bugg
02-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Curiosity always pulls in a crowd Larry :)

Yup and with this crowd that is probably a definite, especially with it being John.

pastry
02-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Elliot.. where have you been. . That pic comes up about 4 times a year on sd.. lol

Dude, seriously Skip, how the hell did I ever miss that! Ha! Well you all have a great time at NADA. Some day I'll make it there. Just don't see that happening any time soon :( Unless you guys do a Charleston NADA!

zachrabbit15
03-01-2014, 02:45 AM
Ok my only question is, if he's only wore the dress twice, why does he have a set of matching heels already in his size?
So wish I could go :(

John_Nicholson
03-01-2014, 10:03 AM
It all belonged to my wife thank you very much......LOL. If you don't find a way to make NADA you will regret it a long time.

-john

OC Discus
03-01-2014, 10:24 AM
It all belonged to my wife thank you very much......LOL. If you don't find a way to make NADA you will regret it a long time.

-john

Does Texas practice hospitality like the rest of the south? Are newcomers welcome?

I saw a sign once driving through Connecticut that said, "Welcome to Connecticut. Enjoy your visit, just don't stay." That was 1989. Al said the sign is no longer there.

John_Nicholson
03-01-2014, 10:26 AM
I have never known anyone to visit Texas that did not like it. You will have a blast.

-john

OC Discus
03-01-2014, 10:31 AM
I hope I can talk my wife into coming and visiting some of the cultural sites. The Alamo. The quaint town with the river running through it- San Antonio?

Discus-n00b
03-01-2014, 11:09 AM
If you don't find a way to make NADA you will regret it a long time.

-john

For 2 years at least until the next one.

Skip
03-01-2014, 12:27 PM
I hope I can talk my wife into coming and visiting some of the cultural sites. The Alamo. The quaint town with the river running through it- San Antonio?

San Antonio is an hour south of austin...