PDA

View Full Version : micro bubbles

n8rdms
02-21-2014, 09:53 AM
I have a brand new Fluval 406 and 306 on my 90 gal. brand new meaning 3 months old. Ever since I have had them I have a constant stream of micro bubbles coming out of BOTH. There isn't a lot, but it's enough to drive me CRAZY. I shake the canisters sometimes to rid of maybe trapped bubbles but it never seems to get rid of them. I do have two sponge filters close to the outputs but the air bubbles from the sponge filters seem to be far enough away and don't appear to be in the outflow stream. Both intakes are away from any air and under water. Being that these are both new I'm not sure what's going on. I have eheim biopro, ceramic rings, polishing pads, and the biofoam that came with them in the filters. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I go trying to replace o rigs and hose.

brewmaster15
02-21-2014, 10:30 AM
It really sounds like you have an air leak somewhere (crack or loose connection) and air is being drawn in to the filter by the flow of water. A leak acts like an open venturi valve to draw in air.
Its been years since I had a cannister...

Sorry can't help more.
-al

treemanone2003
02-21-2014, 11:02 AM
+ 1 on brewmaster ^^

I have an older 205 that I replaced the original black stock hose with a trip to Home Depot. I used clear PVC tubing for that. I still have the original black on the 406. I've never had the issue you described but when I shut them down for WC's I use one hand to close the valve and the other is on the plug to shut it off as soon as it's up. Rarely upon restarting do I ever have any bubbles but if it happens I use the primer handle (while running) and it usually corrects itself fairly quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n8rdms
02-21-2014, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll be checking/redo connections and hose this weekend. Hope I figure something out with it.