PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Joy
02-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Hello Experts , 2 of my discus are showing some abnormality for that i need help as i am new to discus keeping .

I have a 6x2x2 tank with trickle filter and a top and power filter . Water change is thrice a week 30% . Temp is set to 27 . I have 8 discus in total which i have when they are 26 days old . All was ok but from last 2 weeks 2 of my discus ( 3 inch ) was not eating . Even i noticed that they are not pooping . For that i do a 5 days Metrogyl treatment . And at 6th day after water change i feed them some Hikari Bio Gold soaked in tank water . But that day , they also refused to eat . The nexy day i started rock salt treatment with 100 gm salt in 100 ltr water , temp at 30 . Withing few hrs i noticed they started eating , and the poop was black . After keeping them for 2 days , i introduced them in the display tank . But the same continues . They didn't eat , and mostly hiding behind bogwood and sometimes staying with the group . Their color was also ok . What will be the exact reason for this behavior ?

dash
02-27-2014, 10:42 AM
High temps should get them to eat. Perhaps keep them in a hospital tank with higher temp. Keep water clean and feed. Lots of nice people here who can help and have lots of experience

OC Discus
02-27-2014, 10:37 PM
Joy, if you complete the form at the top of this page it will give people a better picture of what is going on and how to help. Thanks :)