PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Blood X Cobalt

dennin7418
02-28-2014, 10:11 AM
So I'm partially excited to say that I have a breeding pair in my tank once again. Partially because I had a huge scare over thanksgiving where I lost many discus and have been anxious to see breeding once again as to me it's a clear sign things are going good again....

The other part is disappointed at the pairing...

Can any of you tell me what to expect if I'm successful in raising fry? Or should I even in the first place?

Thanks,
Nick

Skip
02-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Can any of you tell me what to expect if I'm successful in raising fry? Or should I even in the first place?

Thanks,
Nick

heavily peppered fry % VERY HIGH..

not a pairing with demand if any..

so when you say breeding.. do you mean.. they have only got to the point of laying eggs.. or you have go wigglers.. or you have raised up some fry already>?

ps..

you don't have to BREED that pair.. you can find out which fish i male/female and then try to pair them up with others.. NON PB to PB is not good.. either NON PB x NON PB.. or PB x PB

dennin7418
02-28-2014, 10:22 AM
They just spawned last night so I am expecting they have eaten the eggs once I get home from work....but I like the idea of breeding discus but I want to make it worthwhile. The Cobalt is the female. She was breeding with a Mother of Pearl Diamond but I lost him. With that pair I got to wrigglers several times, free swimmers once but this was all in the community tank so I wasn't expecting success. Now I have some more time and equipment to set up a breeding tank so I'm thinking about it more seriously.

I like your idea of force pairing though but unfortunately I don't have a good sense of the other sexes in the tank.

John_Nicholson
02-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Without knowing the genetics of the PB is is hard to tell. If the PB is 100% pb the you will get 100% PB babies. Most will have more pepper than you like. If the PB is only 1/2 PB you will get 50% PB and 50% non-PB. What those non-PB will be I could not tel you with the information provided.. Not a cross I would do personally.

-john

nc0gnet0
02-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Without knowing the genetics of the PB is is hard to tell. If the PB is 100% pb the you will get 100% PB babies. Most will have more pepper than you like. If the PB is only 1/2 PB you will get 50% PB and 50% non-PB. What those non-PB will be I could not tel you with the information provided.. Not a cross I would do personally.

I agree 95% ;)

The only time I might consider it is if the pb is already a BD/pb varient (ie: Dark Angel or mercury).

-Rick