PDA

View Full Version : Need advise please!!

krislewis3
02-28-2014, 05:14 PM
I just got home from work, fed the fish, left the tank for 30 minuets , and when I came back to the tank, my bd suddenly went crazy, crashing into the walls, crashing in to the top, etc. for 10 seconds or so. She then settled down for 5 minuets, when she did the same thing again! She has injuries on her head and sides. I don't know what to make of this. Does anyone have any advise or suggestions as to what is going on with this fish? Please?? Kris

pcsb23
02-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Something spooked the fish and the likelihood is that it is now in a bit of shock. It happens to everyone so don't beat yourself up over it. In 99% of cases it is best just leaving the fish quietly, if necessary lower lights but not total darkness, ambient room light is fine. Keep an eye on it, in severe cases you may need to qt and add salt.

krislewis3
02-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Yea, she is hiding behind the sponge filter now, and I did turn the lights down. I've seen them spooked before, but never to this extent. Do you think that the injuries will heal on their own with lots of clean WCs?

Keith Perkins
02-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Most likely yes. The fishes healing process is pretty amazing when the water quality is good.