PDA

View Full Version : My First Discus Video - All Discus are from Malaysia

kkdiscus
03-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Hi,

Rarely took video, so just tried with a 1 minute one last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NaULNP0Me0

All the discus in the video are local discus in Malaysia.

Mariowa
03-10-2014, 12:20 AM
I like them very much, nice shape

Do you hove red light in the tank?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kkdiscus
03-10-2014, 01:47 AM
Hi Mariowa,

Thanks for commenting.

I have red and white lights in my tank. The video above was with red light on only.

I just captured another video with red and white lights on. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE83ISP4vJ0

kkdiscus
03-10-2014, 01:51 AM
The Blues and the Red Turq are from Forrest. :)

Tankster
03-10-2014, 02:24 AM
I LOVE the fish that hovers in the right side of the 2nd video and then comes towards the glass. The pattern with the stark white body is amazing. It almost looks like a maze. Can you tell me more about that fish?

kkdiscus
03-10-2014, 03:12 AM
I LOVE the fish that hovers in the right side of the 2nd video and then comes towards the glass. The pattern with the stark white body is amazing. It almost looks like a maze. Can you tell me more about that fish?

Hi Greg,

According to the seller, it is a checkerboard (pigeon blood strain). I have seen quite a number of pigeon blood strain with different patterns on the body. Some have more red (with minor white line pattern), some have white dominated + red lines. The one that I have has very bright red patterns on the white body, but the fish seems a bit thin. I have had it for 3 weeks, hope it will get fatter soon. :p

MSD
03-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Why the bio media on the tank bottom?

kkdiscus
03-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Why the bio media on the tank bottom?

Hi Mark,

My filter is top overflow type, which do not have enough space for the bio media to put in. So I just throw some to the tank bottom, "hoping" that good bacteria can survive there (since there are lots of wastes from the fish there).

The bio media is mineral releasing type for the tank (orange colour), while pure bio media is white.

(My discus has suffered from HOLE IN THE HEAD last month, but now cured.)